Continuing newly-formed Downtown Arcadia Community Benefits District Committee March 6th at 9 a.m. at 388 W Huntington Drive, Chamber of Commerce office.
All of these Plan Committee meetings are open to all business and property owners, but the point of the meetings are to review various service levels, their costs and put them into a plan for review by the entire Downtown Community.
- Mid-January (mailed out to all property owners in the proposed Downtown Arcadia CBD): Write a newsletter summarizing survey results and explaining what a Downtown Arcadia Community Benefit District could do
- Early January: Send out property verification forms to validate the data we have accumulated
- January – February: Write preliminary Downtown Arcadia CBD Management District Plan with direction by Management Plan Committee
- January – February: Have plan approved by Downtown Arcadia Management Plan Committee
- February – March: Have plan reviewed and approved by Arcadia City Attorney and City Manager
- February – March: Have plan approved by Independent Assessment Enginee
- February – April: Initiate petition drive based upon City approved plan
- April: Submit 30% threshold of weighted petitions to the City Manager to trigger the mail balloting procedure (weight is determined by the percentage of assessments paid into the proposed district)
- May: Staff report and submittal of Resolution of Intent to the City Council.
- Early July: Resolution of Intent, ballots mailed out
- June: Public hearing, ballots counted
- August: Interim Board of Directors appointed
- December: First revenues to the management corporation