It was a festive morning at the annual Holiday Networking Breakfast, which this month honored the tremendous service of the Arcadia Chamber Board of Directors and Ambassadors, an occasion that was hosted by the Embassy Suites of Arcadia by Hilton. Due to the amazing success and positive feedback the chamber received, they replaced this month’s guest speaker and in its place brought back Talk Time. As a collective group the members of the Arcadia Chamber showed off their seasonal spirit by bringing a bit of cheer to those in need through signing holiday cards, donating a wealth of goods for Toys for Tots, as well as sharing an abundance of unique gifts for the raffle drawing.
With over 70 attendees representing a host of diverse businesses, there were countless enlightening updates during the round of self – introductions that precludes the start of every Networking Breakfast. Naomi Briones used her time to welcome everyone to the Embassy Suites, and mentioned her eagerness to continue the tradition of excellent hospitality service which Embassy Suites has become known for in the new year. Waste Managment’s Public
Sector Solutions Manager Teri Muse shared the eco friendly holiday tip that in order for your Christmas tree to be recycled all the ornaments must be removed. As many holidays are fast approaching Karen Kropp shared that the staff at the Bookrack can help anyone looking for that perfect insightful present, some favorite new releases are Magnus Chase by Rick Riordan and Wonder by R.J. Palaccio. With the coming new year Michelle Freridge announced that the Asian Youth Center’s organization will be growing on January 11, 2017 at their installation dinner when they merge with the organization Project Neo.
Bruce Lazenby of Rose Hill Memorial Park shared his passion for his business as this will be his 34th year working for Rose Hills. To stress this point he stated, “I fell in love with the company, then the property and the business.” There is a great purpose behind the motivations of his business as the core values of Rose Hills Memorial Park stress family and remembrance. The dedication that Bruce has for his work clearly shows as he announced that Rose Hills Memorial Park was given national recognition from the American Cemetary and Cremation by being this year’s recipient of the American Cemetary Excellence award. Bruce announced that they will be holding an Extended Holiday Decoration Period till January 3, 2016.
Board & Ambassador honoring
The Arcadia Chamber board of directors and Ambassadors are a committed group of individuals striving to grow the presence and reputation of the Arcadia Chamber of Commerce. Collectively the Board of Directors works as a group to decide on the best courses of action the Chamber makes. The Ambassadors are very much the face of the Arcadia Chamber of Commerce, their committee attends nearly every function put on by the Chamber as well as reaches out to new businesses.
This morning the following Board Members were given recognition for their service; President Vicki Knight of Century Rooter, President – Elect Andrew Cooper of Arcadia Association of Realtors, Vice President Romy Rahmanian Law offices of Rahmanian, Immediate Past President Andrew Gregson of the Executive Factor, Bruce Lazenby of Rose Hills Memorial park, Annette Ousterhout of Jan’s Towing, Francine Chiu of Mass Mutual Financial Group, John Sun of Budget Blinds San Gabriel, Wayne Williams of Professional Advisory Services, Luis Plascencia of Embassy Suites Arcadia by Hilton, Allen Tsay of JP Morgan and Chase, Sophia Chan of Monrovia Gardens and David Vannasdall of Arcadia Unified School District.
The following Ambassadors were recognized for their service; Allen Tsay of JP Morgan and Chase, Vicki Knight of Century Rooter, John Sun of Bidget Blinds San Gabriel, Mitch Salem of EH Financial Group, Suzie Krikorian of Servpro Arcadia and Naomi Briones of Embassy Suites Arcadia by Hilton.
For the second time the Arcadia Chamber of Commerce hosted a Talk Time, an event where members share and discuss a list of predetermined
subjects and questions meant to open up conversations between our diverse members. The use of Talk Time has allowed members to find similarities between their goals and motivations in the most unlikely of places. Snippets from different conversations gave interesting insight into the many businesses around Arcadia. An example of this comes from David Vannasdall of Arcadia Unified School District, when discussing successes or milestones they were able to achieve over the past year he proudly mentioned that there was a 6% growth in students enrolled in AP courses and although enrollment increases the high level of success in these courses was able to stay consistent with previous years.
- Connie Aguilar of Options for Learning thanked Andrew Cooper of the Arcadia Association of Realtors for his service in the AAR which recently gave a great quantity of donations to nonprofits in the San Gabriel Valley area.
- Raquel McLaughlin of Vintage Treasures thanked the Arcadia Chamber of Commerce for their help in her business growth over the past year.
- Sue Cook of Podley Properties thanked Karen Kropp of the Bookrack for having amazing customer service as well as knowing the complete ins and outs of her product.
- Patricia Colonello of Mountain Views News thanked Steve Sciurba of the Kensington for their service and great treatment of those in their care.
- Jennifer Stone of Imprintability thanked Emily Li of Blend it Healthy for their great smoothies and commitment to their product.
- Suzie Krikorian of Servpro Arcadia thanked Naomi Briones of Embassy Suites Arcadia by Hilton for their hospitality during her one night stay at the Embassy Suites.
- Vicki Knight of Century Rooter thanked Jennifer Stone of Imprintability for providing an extremely expedient service when her original promotions distributor couldn’t meet a deadline, Jennifer was able to come through at a moment’s notice.
- Emily Li of Blend it Healthy thanked everyone for their support with her first business which encourages her in her third year of business.
- Linda Colley of Civitan Club of El Monte donated a Clasten Gourmet 2lbs which was won by Annette Ousterhout of Jan’s Towing
- Brooke Perez of Longo Toyota donated a 2 trunk organizers which were won by Romy Rahmanian of Law offices of Romy Rahmanian and Michelle Bautista of 3Step Diet
- Vicki Knight of Century Rooter donated a bottle of wine which was won by Danie Muniz of Protor Gallagher. Vicki also donated a Starbucks Star Wars cup good for a month of free coffee at Starbucks which was won by Rosa Jaime of Four Seasons Tea Room
- Tara Gadsby of Courtyard Marriott donated a gift card which was won by Eva Hsuing of Douglas Auto Body Services
- Sue Cook of Podley Properties donated a bottle of Angus wine which was won by Ken Joe of Keller Williams
- Frank Yik of Rose Hills Memorial Park donated a gift basket and movie tickets which was won by Sue Cook of Podley Properties
- John Sun of Budget Blinds San Gabriel donated a bottle Via One Hope Wine which was won by Andrew Cooper
- Emily Li of Blend it Healthy donated a gift bag which was won by John Sun of Budget Blinds San Gabriel
- Romy Rahmanian of Law offices of Romy Rahmanian donated scones which was won by Suzie Krikorian of Servpro Arcadia
- Steve Floyd of RSVP San Gabriel donated 2 gift cards to Ackbars in Pasadena which were won by Merri Jill Finstrom of HUTdogs and Adelle Martinez SCI Hispania
- Raquel McLaughlin of Vintage Treasures donated a vintage candle holder which was won by Wayne Williams of Professional Advisory Services
- Steve Sciurba of the Kensington donated a 2lb box of See’s Chocolates which was won by Bill Wong of Elite Wealth Planners
- Karen Kropp of the Bookrack donated a gift card to Bookrack which was won by Alma de Hoyos of Premier Dental Esthetics
- Michelle Bautista of 3step Diet donated a consulation which was won by Teri Muse of Waste Management
- Sophia Chan of Monrovia donated a shower gel which was won by Renee Concialdi of Right at Home
- Marie Carpenter of CASA Los Angeles donated 2 tickets to their Wine and Art event which was won by Brooke Perez of Longo Toyota
- Annette Ousterhout of Jan’s Towing donated an insulated cooler bag which was won by Joanne Bockian of STARS Athletics
- Naomi Briones of Embassy Suites donated a one night stay at the Embassy Suites which was won by Rosa Jaime
- Andrew Cooper of the Arcadia Association of Realtors donated a bottle of win which was won by Rod Salazar of Stubbies Promotions
- Arolyn Burns of THE A TREATMENT donated a Peacock Ornament which was won by Sophia Chan of Monrovia Gardens