COVID-19 Emergency Operations Center
LOS ANGELES COUNTY UPDATE
Los Angeles County Joint Information Center – COVID-19
GUIDANCE FOR RETAIL BUSINESS OWNERS & INCIDENT REPORT
The County of Los Angeles is regularly updating resources on COVID-19 and offers today’s update in an effort to keep you and yours informed. Please share the following up-to-date information:
Calling All Retailers!
LA County wants to guide you and your businesses as you embark on the Road to Recovery. In order to boost the local economy, and maintain the public’s safety during the COVID-19 health crisis, LA County’s Health Inspectors are making their rounds to ensure businesses (like yours) are in compliance with our Health Officer Order.
If you’re a retail business owner, these are the 5 areas our Inspectors will cover:
(1) Workplace policies and practices to protect employee health
(2) Measures to ensure physical distancing
(3) Measures to ensure infection control
(4) Communication with employees and the public
(5) Measures to ensure equitable access to critical services
Make sure you’re compliant, by following our full checklist here (link opens in new tab).
To help you protect employees and customers, alike, we’ve also created signs. These are ready to be posted on-site, to remind everyone how they can protect themselves (and others) from COVID-19. Here’s an example:
You can download our:
- “Curbside Pickup Only”
- “Please Stay Away if You’re Sick”
- “Please Stay 6 Feet Away”
- “Wear a Cloth Face Covering” posters here.
If you still have questions on compliance, call LA County’s Department of Public Health at (888) 700-9995 or visit our DPH website for more information.
Our daily report is a high level summary of L.A. County Emergency Operations Center’s response to the COVID-19 health emergency. Click here to view.
COVID-19 Digital Communications Guide & Toolkit
View our updated COVID-19 Digital Communications Guide, and get tips on Best Practices, Do’s and Don’ts, Key Messaging, and our Social Media Toolkit – with multi-lingual graphics and messages like the ones seen below.
Access our Social Media Toolkit here.
Let’s continue to work together and help one another to slow the spread of the virus. Join us and protect people who are most vulnerable. Bring your own mask. #BYOM
More information about mask and face coverings at https://covid19.lacounty.gov/byom/ (link opens in new tab)
Chinese: 讓我們繼續共同努力，互相幫助，減慢病毒的傳播速度。 加入我們，保護最脆弱的群眾。 帶上自己的口罩。 #BYOM
有關口罩和面罩的更多信息，請瀏覽 https://covid19.lacounty.gov/byom/ (link opens in new tab)
Korean: 계속해서 함께 하고 서로를 도와 바이러스 확산을 늦추십시오. 우리와 함께 가장 취약한 사람들을 보호하십시오. 자신의 마스크를 챙기십시오. #BYOM
마스크 및 얼굴 가리개에 대한 자세한 내용은 https://covid19.lacounty.gov/byom/을 (link opens in new tab) 참조하십시오.
Spanish:Sigamos trabajando juntos y ayudándonos unos a otros para disminuir la propagación del virus. Únete a nosotros y protege a las personas más vulnerables. Trae tu propia máscara. #BYOM
Más información sobre máscaras y coberturas faciales en https://covid19.lacounty.gov/byom/ (link opens in new tab)
The County of Los Angeles appreciates your continued partnership in responding to COVID-19 questions and needs of residents. For additional information, please visit:
- County of Los Angeles: covid19.lacounty.gov (link opens in new tab)
- County of Los Angeles Public Health: publichealth.lacounty.gov (link opens in new tab)
- California Department of Public Health: cdph.ca.gov (link opens in new tab)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: cdc.gov (link opens in new tab)
- Los Angeles County residents can also call 2-1-1
- County of Los Angeles, Chief Executive Office, Office of Emergency Management
For questions, please contact the L.A. County Joint Information Center – COVID-19 at email@example.com (link opens in new tab).