LA County Economic Opportunity Grant Program Launched
Yesterday, we announced the launch of our new Economic Opportunity Grant (EOG) program, which will distribute more than $54 million across 6,800 grants to small and microbusinesses and nonprofit agencies, prioritizing the most COVID-impacted and highest-need communities and organizations in LA County.
Phase One, beginning today, targets microbusinesses with under $50k in revenue and will award grants of $2,500 per grant, funded by the California Office of the Small Business Advocate. Interested applicants can visit grants.lacounty.gov today to:
- Apply now & view full eligibility criteria
- Access the EOG Application Assistance Center
- Connect to one-on-one virtual or in-person events
Stay tuned for launch of Phase Two in February 2023. Grants in Phase 2, funded by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) will award $15,000 or $20,000 per grant for small businesses, and $20,000 or $25,000 per grant for non-profits. EOG will run through May 2023 or when available funds are expended.
Help us spread the word about EOG! Please use the following materials to share information Countywide:
- Access our EOG Fact Sheet
- Share social media content from our centralized ARP Digital Toolkit & tag @EconOppLA on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
- Catch Team DEO in the News
Special thanks to our partners Lendistry and the LA Small Business Development Centers, who’ve been helping Team DEO create a streamlined, central application portal for EOG and to help us connect with hard to reach communities.