National University in Arcadia is looking to hire an Admissions Advisor ASAP at their center located at Westfield Santa Anita mall, 400 S. Baldwin Ave. #732, Arcadia, CA. Please find job description below.
Job Title: Admissions Advisor
Job ID: 4428
OIC – Arcadia
About the Position
The University’s innovative Online Information Centers (OICs) provides prospective students an introduction to the University and its degree, credential and certificate programs, and an opportunity to experience online classes and receive educational and financial aid counseling, and enrollment assistance.
The Admissions Advisor provides admissions, academic and career advisement to prospective and current students regarding National University academic degree and certificate programs. The Advisor provides information regarding the admissions/enrollment processes, facilitates the collection of all required admissions documents, proactively follows-up with prospective students, and provides ongoing customer service to students throughout the completion of their degree program(s). The Advisor is also responsible for maintaining a solid functional knowledge or NU programs, policies, procedures and practices to effectively support prospective and current students.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in admissions, education, student leadership or related areas (public relations, sales/marketing, etc.)
• Must have exceptional follow-up/follow through skills; able to multi-task while paying attention to the details.
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend complex information and apply in accordance with policy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills; skilled listener
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service to a wide variety of individuals with varying educational backgrounds
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite; knowledge of PeopleSoft or other student enrollment database is a plus.
• Ability to follow processes, work well as a team, and take direction.
• Ability to travel (including air travel) overnight for training or other meetings: nights and weekends are required
$14.33 per hour
Deadline for Application
Open till filled