Taste of Arcadia 2015 and Business Showcase at the Taste will be held from 5:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Monday, Sept. 28, at the Los Angeles County Arboretum, 301 N. Baldwin Ave., Arcadia. Photos and highlights of last year’s taste of Arcadia 2014 here.
Taste of Arcadia and Business Showcase at the Taste is expected to draw about 1,500 attendees this year who enjoy the many different foods and tastes from at no additional charge beyond the admission ticket from 45 of the most exciting local restaurants, caterers, and wine-and-beer vendors.
Buy your tickets now by June 30 at advance discount of $55 ($45 for Arcadia Chamber members). As of July 1 tickets will be $65 ($55 for Arcadia Chamber members).
The face of Taste of Arcadia is KLAA 830 AM radio star Peter “King of Cuisine” Dills, who will walk the red carpet, sign autographs in his booth, and be one of the judges of the annual Culinary Contest along with Food Network stars Jyll Everman and Cassandra Pugh, as well as Chef David Flood of Flooded with Flavor Catering Company. This year’s Taste of Arcadia and Business Showcase at the Taste features an additional 40-plus business exhibitors, including car dealers with about a dozen of the newest model cars, plus many new activities:
- A sequel to the popular Hollywood premiere-style Red Carpet Experience created by Printing Control and new member Selfie Selfie will make you feel like a star in front of the paparazzi as you have photo ops with food media judges, the exotic Brazilian dancers, and other dignitaries and surprise guests. You’ll also have a chance to enter the Red Carpet TV raffle Presented by T.G. Metzger State Farm Insurance.
- The Monday Night Football Lounge returns with live viewing of the game on a big-screen HDTV that will be raffled off just before 9 p.m.
Other attractions include:
- A classic car show presented by Wayne Williams of Professional Advisory Services.
- The popular Lounge-O-Rama band playing swing, Big Band and Standards early in the evening, and shifting to classic pop rock after dark.
- Daniela Brazil and her popular exotic Brazilian dancers
- MonArc Face/Body Painting and Balloon Animals — let the popular Taste of Arcadia wine glass/peacock logo live a little longer with a temporary tattoo on your cheek or arm!
- The Arcadia High School drum line serenading attendees as they arrive.
As judges, Dills, Everman, Pugh, and Flood will sample food, desserts and drinks from dozens of vendors throughout the entire evening. Winners will need to be present and still serving to guests when judges announce their selections near the end of the event at 9 p.m. in the following categories:
- Best of Show
- Most Innovative Dish
- Best Savory Item
- Best Dessert Item
- Best Presentation
Our sincere gratitude to the unprecedented number of top sponsors that have allowed Taste of Arcadia to become the biggest and most exciting ever:
- Presenting Gold Sponsors:
Westfield Santa Anita – also year-round Community Builder Presenting Sponsor Member of Arcadia Chamber of Commerce through 2015-2016; and Chamber LED sign sponsor.
Methodist Hospital of Southern California through 2016-17– also year-round Community Builder Presenting Sponsor Member of Arcadia Chamber of Commerce.Business Showcase at the Taste Sponsor – –
- Business Showcase at the Taste Sponsor – Rose Hills Memorial Park & Mortuary – also year-round Keystone 365 Connection Sponsor Member of the monthly Networking Breakfasts and Chamber LED sign sponsor.
- Ticket Sponsor: Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority
Boundless thanks to the tireless Taste of Arcadia Committee of volunteers, including:
- Bruce McCallum, CTO (Chief Taste Officer)
- Vicki Knight (Century Rooter Service and Plumbing), Business Showcase vendors & support of Food/Beverage vendors
We also thank the dozens of volunteer workers at the event.
And those going above-and-beyond their paid compensation:
- Wayne Tay (Town & Country Event Rentals), Overall Facility logistics, layout
- Arcadia Chamber of Commerce staff and consultants/contractors: Kim Arnold, Kristy Thatcher Bradshaw, Bill Hacket, Lisa Ferrick, and Scott Hettrick
Story continues following fliers below and four video highlights of the 2012 event from the Chamber’s YouTube Channel, and photo gallery… >