ARCADIA ELECTION RESULTS
April 15, 2020 –
The County of Los Angeles conducted the election on behalf of the City of Arcadia and is expected to certify the results in the comings days after all ballots postmarked on Election Day have been received and counted. To view the County’s election results page, please visit: https://results.lavote.net.
The Arcadia City Council will reorganize at its next regularly scheduled meeting on May 5, 2020.
For more information, please visit us at ArcadiaCA.gov.
Per the latest information from local, state, and federal public health officials, the risk of contracting the virus remains low. There are steps individuals can take to help minimize and prevent the spread of COVID-19. These include:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoid touching face (eyes, nose, and mouth) with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Wear face coverings in public.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Practice social distancing; avoid groups; maintain at least 6 feet from others.
Anyone who was recently in an area that is currently experiencing a high infection rate of COVID-19 and feels sick with a fever, cough, or has difficulty breathing within 14 days after leaving should:
• Seek medical care right away. Before going to a doctor’s office or emergency room, patients should call ahead and tell them about their recent travel and symptoms.
• Self-quarantine and avoid contact with others.
• Not travel while sick.
• Cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or their sleeve (not their hands) when coughing or sneezing.
• Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds to avoid spreading the virus to others. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
For more information regarding the COVID-19, please visit any of the following websites:
Federal Guidance – coronavirus.gov
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – cdc.gov
State of California Guidance – covid19.ca.gov
California Department of Public Health – cdph.gov
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health – publichealth.lacounty.gov
National Domestic Violence Hotline – thehotline.org – (800) 799-7233
National Suicide Prevention Hotline – suicidepreventionlifeline.org – (800) 273-8255
For more information regarding the City of Arcadia’s response to COVID-19 along with future updates regarding City services, text ARCADIACOV19 to 888777 for SMS updates or please visit us at ArcadiaCA.gov/covid19 or contact us at (626) 574-5401.
# # #
Nestled along the rolling foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and Angeles National Forest, Arcadia is a charming, family-oriented community with a population of just over 57,000. Located only 13 miles east from downtown Los Angeles, regional transportation networks like the Metro Gold Line connect Arcadia as a premier residential, shopping, and entertainment destination in the San Gabriel Valley. Arcadia is known for its top-rated schools, iconic landmarks, and serene neighborhoods. Arcadia is an award-winning community having been twice named as the Best City in California in which to Raise Kids and the 2017 Most Business Friendly City in Los Angeles County. With the conveniences and amenities of a full-service, mid-size city, Arcadia’s “Community of Homes” provides a quality of life that will go Above & Beyond your expectations. For more information, please visit ArcadiaCA.gov or follow us on Twitter by texting DISCOVER to 33222: