MAY 19 – MAY 27, 2019
What is the Field of Honor?
- 1,000 American Flags will fly from Sunday, May 19 to Monday, May 27, at the corner of Santa Anita and Huntington Drive in Arcadia Park
- A laminated card will be attached to each flag showing the honoree and the flag sponsor
- The entire community is invited to the Opening Ceremony on Sunday May 19 at 1:00PM
Honoring Veterans, Supporting the Community
- Thanks to your generosity during the first three Field of Honor events, we built a veterans’ memorial in Arcadia honoring all who have served.
- One-third of proceeds raised will go towards veteran’s programs in the San Gabriel Valley
- Two-thirds of proceeds will go to other local charities including Boy Scouts, Girls Scouts, Arcadia Unified School District teacher grants, and more.
Support the Arcadia Field of Honor
Please support this worthy cause any way you are able:
- Individual flags are $50 each
- Sponsorships are also available:
- Bronze $500, Silver $1,000, Gold $2,500, Platinum $5,000
- We appreciate if you can give your time in set-up, manning a booth during the flag display, and breakdown
Join Arcadia Rotary, Field of Honor supporters and sponsors, and local dignitaries as we formally open the 2019 Field of Honor.
Flags on Display
1,000 American flags will be on display at the 2019 Field of Honor. Don’t miss this chance to honor your loved one and the U.S.A.
The 2019 Field of Honor will come to an official close, with a bugler playing Taps to mark the occasion.
After the Field of Honor concludes, you can pick up your flags at a Rotary meeting.
- Dates to be announced
- Rotary meets on most Fridays
Between 12pm – 1:45pm
(during Rotary regular meeting, please find us in the Santa Anita Room)
Embassy Suites Arcadia
211 E. Huntington Drive
Arcadia, CA 91006
PRESENTED BY ARCADIA ROTARY
A Message from Arcadia Rotary Club President Pat Dolphin
2019 marks the fourth year, Arcadia Rotary has flown 1000 United States flags at Huntington Drive and Santa Anita Avenue in Arcadia.
The Project began with the aim of building a veterans’ memorial in the City and to assist other charitable causes. Arcadia Rotary in conjunction with the City of Arcadia has erected a monument to our veterans at the Community Center at the intersection of Huntington Drive,Holly Ave and Campus Drive in Arcadia.
The United States flags honor not only our veterans, but family and friends who are dear to us. We invite you to stop at Arcadia County Park to walk among the flags. Every evening at dusk, a student from Arcadia High School will play Taps in fitting tribute to those who gave their lives in service of our country. Flags may be purchased at the Park during the event and you may pickup your flag at the end of the event, if you choose.
Arcadia Rotary is proud to support our community in this symbolic tribute.
A Message from Arcadia Field of Honor Committee Chairman Mike Real
Welcome to the 4th annual Field of Honor. We have 10 committees that have been working since last year on the Field of Honor to raise money for our philanthropic programs.
One-third of the net proceeds will go towards a partnership with Habitat for Humanity building homes for Veterans. The other two thirds will go to such programs as teacher mini grants, honoring teachers and students of the month, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Anti Child Tracking programs, the Boys and Girls Club, the eradication of polio worldwide and many other programs.
We appreciate and thank you for your support and God Bless America!