Part-Time Customer Service Representatives-Bilingual in English and one of the following languages:
Cantonese, Korean, or Mandarin
Starting Pay: $17.20 – $35.71
Posting Number: 20-53379 Part-Time Customer Service Representatives-Bilingual
Southern California Gas Company is searching for part-time Customer Service Representatives who have a good command of the English language and are also fluent in Cantonese, Korean, or Mandarin. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of customer service experience, be able to multi- task in a fast-paced environment and manage a heavy call volume.
Customer Service Representative
• CSRs process customer calls and serve as the end-to-end primary point of contact for a wide array of customer service requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Demonstrates a strong safety focus in the workplace as well as ensures safety of our customers and the communities we serve.
• Displays a deep passion in helping people by actively listening to customer issues or questions, showing interest, and displaying compassion and empathy for the caller’s situation.
• Efficiently and accurately processes customer requests, answers questions, and resolves complex issues
• Maintains knowledge of changing company policy and procedures
• Effectively promotes products and services that meet customer needs
• Strives to provide a superior customer experience that focuses on first-call resolution
• Demonstrates a learning attitude focused on innovation and continuous improvement.
• Has an overall positive presence in the communities that we serve
• Possesses a mature and self-confident attitude
• Naturally possesses a high energy level and demonstrates strong dependability
• Embraces a strong work ethic and enjoys working in a fast paced and changing environment
• Strives to meet or exceed service and operational goals established for the Customer Contact Center, including productivity, quality, and timeliness goals.
• Very Light — Occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools or items weighing up to approximately 10 pounds. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, occasionally a certain amount of walking and standing are necessary in carrying out job duties.
• Office environment with some noise generated by co-workers; telephone contact with customers.
• Previous customer contact experience
• Ability to operate a computer and peripheral equipment
• Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
• Demonstrate ability by passing a pre-qualification examination. Must also pass a Clerical Test
Battery (Customer Contact) and a customer service inventory test
• Qualify through a panel interview
• Fluent in English and one of the following languages – Cantonese, Korean, or Mandarin
• Successfully complete formal Customer Service Representative training