Grow a Reader with Arcadia Public Library
February 6, 2021 – The Arcadia Public Library now offers 21 storytime kits for check out! “Read to Grow” storytime kits are designed for children ages 3 to 5 years and are a wonderful way to grow a child’s language development and literacy skills through reading, talking, singing, and playing.
Packaged inside a tote bag, each kit includes:
• 5 – 6 Hardcover Picture Books
• A DVD or Music CD
• A Resource Guide with Suggested Activities and Early Literacy Information
• One kit may be checked out at a time for up to three weeks. Visit the Arcadia Public Library’s online catalog to request a kit with your Library Card – discovery.arcadialibrary.org. The Read to Grow storytime kits are supported by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.
• In addition to the Grow a Reader kits, Children’s Services has created “Book Bundles for Kids and Youth.” Parents, caregivers, teachers, and others can conveniently request a bundle of books for readers in kindergarten through eighth grades. Kid bundles include three nonfiction and two fiction books with five available themes – animals, biographies/history, STEAM, new book mix, or Librarian’s pick. Youth bundles offer three fiction, nonfiction, or series read alike titles. Visit the Library’s Youth Services webpage and use the form to request a bundle!
• Parents can call the Children’s Help Desk for reading recommendations and then request the books through the Arcadia Discovery platform for front-door pick-up. Children’s Services is also offering telephone help for parents wanting to access online reading resources offered by the Library, including TumbleBooks and Novelist for kids. Children’s staff also offer help with online educational resources, such as World Book Online, True Flix, and Scholastic Go! As challenging as online learning for children and their families can be, the Arcadia Library is here to help!
For more information, please call 626.821.5566 or visit the Arcadia Public Library’s website at www.ArcadiaCA.gov/library. The Arcadia Public Library is located at 20 W. Duarte Rd., Arcadia. The Library is open Monday through Thursday, 10:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. and Friday and Saturday, 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. You can also follow the Library on Facebook and Twitter.
# # #
Nestled along the rolling foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and Angeles National Forest, Arcadia is a charming, family-oriented community with a population of just over 57,000. Located only 13 miles east from downtown Los Angeles, regional transportation networks like the Metro Gold Line connect Arcadia as a premier residential, shopping, and entertainment destination in the San Gabriel Valley. Arcadia is known for its top-rated schools, iconic landmarks, and serene neighborhoods. Arcadia is an award-winning community having been twice named as the Best City in California in which to Raise Kids and the 2017 Most Business Friendly City in Los Angeles County. With the conveniences and amenities of a full-service, mid-size city, Arcadia’s “Community of Homes” provides a quality of life that will go Above & Beyond your expectations.
For more information, please visit ArcadiaCA.gov or follow us on Twitter by texting DISCOVER to 33222:
请致电 (626) 574-5455，向市书记官办公室了解详情。