NEW AND IMPROVED ARCADIA TRANSIT APP COMING JULY 28!
July 6, 2020 – The new and improved Arcadia Transit app will launch on July 28, 2020. The user-friendly app will provide information on routes, schedules, and bus arrival updates for our fixed routes throughout the City. Users can get real time information and track bus locations, allowing for much easier trip planning. There’s also a notification feature that alerts users of their approaching bus. The current Arcadia Transit app will no longer be available starting July 28, 2020, and will be replaced with the new and improved app available through the DoubleMap Bus Tracker. Users will need to download DoubleMap Bus Tracker on the App Store or Google Play first, then select Arcadia as the transit system to view.
New to Arcadia Transit? The Arcadia Transit app is a great way to learn about Arcadia’s local transit system. The Arcadia Transit Fixed-Route provides general public transit service on three bus lines – Green, Blue, and Red. Arcadia Transit is an easy way to get around the City, get to the train station, or visit key locations in Arcadia. For more information, visit www.ArcadiaCA.gov/Transit (link opens in new tab) or call (626) 574-5435.
Per the latest information from local, state, and federal public health officials, the risk of contracting the virus remains low. There are steps individuals can take to help minimize and prevent the spread of COVID-19. These include:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoid touching face (eyes, nose, and mouth) with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Wear face coverings in public.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Practice social distancing; avoid groups; maintain at least 6 feet from others.
Anyone who was recently in an area that is currently experiencing a high infection rate of COVID19 and feels sick with a fever, cough, or has difficulty breathing within 14 days after leaving should:
• Seek medical care right away. Before going to a doctor’s office or emergency room, patients should call ahead and tell them about their recent travel and symptoms.
• Self-quarantine and avoid contact with others.
• Not travel while sick.
• Cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or their sleeve (not their hands) when coughing or sneezing.
• Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds to avoid spreading the virus to others. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
For more information regarding the COVID-19, please visit any of the following websites:
Federal Guidance – coronavirus.gov (link opens in new tab)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – cdc.gov (link opens in new tab)
State of California Guidance – covid19.ca.gov (link opens in new tab)
California Department of Public Health – cdph.gov (link opens in new tab)
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health – publichealth.lacounty.gov (link opens in new tab)
National Domestic Violence Hotline – thehotline.org (link opens in new tab) – (800) 799-7233
National Suicide Prevention Hotline – suicidepreventionlifeline.org (link opens in new tab) – (800) 273-8255
For more information regarding the City of Arcadia’s response to COVID-19 along with future updates regarding City services, text ARCADIACOV19 to 888777 for SMS updates or please visit us at ArcadiaCA.gov/covid19 or contact us at (626) 574-5401.
# # #
Nestled along the rolling foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and Angeles National Forest, Arcadia is a charming, family-oriented community with a population of just over 57,000. Located only 13 miles east from downtown Los Angeles, regional transportation networks like the Metro Gold Line connect Arcadia as a premier residential, shopping, and entertainment destination in the San Gabriel Valley. Arcadia is known for its top-rated schools, iconic landmarks, and serene neighborhoods. Arcadia is an award-winning community having been twice named as the Best City in California in which to Raise Kids and the 2017 Most Business Friendly City in Los Angeles County. With the conveniences and amenities of a full-service, mid-size city, Arcadia’s “Community of Homes” provides a quality of life that will go Above & Beyond your expectations.
For more information, please visit ArcadiaCA.gov or follow us on Twitter by texting DISCOVER to 33222:
请致电 (626) 574-5455，向市书记官办公室了解详情。