This month’s Personal Ambassador Nikki Felix (Wells Fargo Mortgage) introduced two new Chamber Members – Arcadia Youth Basketball Association and Quickteck Medical Transport – to Arcadia Chamber President Arlynn Robinson (Century 21 Earll, Ltd) and Chamber Ambassadors at the monthly meeting this morning, June 4, 2013. (see photo gallery below with Ambassador Chairman Sylvia Ramos, Dilbeck Real Living ).
June 4, 2013
The Arcadia Youth Basketball Association (AYBA) began in 1997, and for the past 15 years, has maintained the mission to provide a safe, supportive, recreational basketball program for boys and girls living in the city of Arcadia (and now Sierra Madre), who currently attend grade school levels 5 through 8. Director Landis Richardson is proud to announce the registration of 3rd and 4th grades to be added in September. AYBA strives to provide opportunities for sports education, personal growth and motivational development for young athletes.
Quickteck Medical Transport provides transportation services for people in wheelchairs or those who need assisted transportation. President & CEO Scott O’Donell and President & CFO Antonio E. Gallo feel each patient’s transportation needs differ greatly depending on their status of self mobility. When choosing a non-emergency transportation company, you want one that will go beyond the call of duty. Quickteck services communities in the San Gabriel Valley including: Arcadia, Temple City, San Marino, Pasadena, El Monte, Monrovia, Altadena, Duarte, Rosemead, Monterey Park, Monrovia, Glendora & Serra Madre.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
This month’s Personal Ambassador Helen Mah of Wells Fargo introduced two new Chamber members to Arcadia Chamber President, Arlynn Robinson and Chamber Ambassadors at the monthly meeting this morning, May 7, 2013 (see photo gallery below with Ambassador chairman Sylvia Ramos of Dilbeck Real Living):
Ambassadors May Meeting
Mr. Ethan Williamson, the new director of the Barnhart School which is located at 240 W. Colorado Blvd, explained the private school is 52 years old and currently has 208 students in Kindergarten through eighth grade. All of their teachers are credentialed and 80% have their Masters Degree. It was reported to them by La Salle HS Principal that Barnhart students who go into 9th Grade at LaSalle arrive with a high GPA….and what is even more interesting, the tuition at Barnhart is 1/2 of the National average of Private Schools.
Dr. Peter Ho Win is an American Board Certified ophthalmologist and a vitreo-retinal specialist. He trained at Jules Stein/UCLA, Mayo Clinic, and University of Southern California. Dr. Win specializes in the treatment of macular degeneration, diabetes, retinal vein occlusion, and retinal detachment/tear. His office is located in the 301 Medical Building on Huntington Drive, suite #504.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
This month’s Personal Ambassador Crystal Zhang of Mass Mutual Financial Group introduced four new Chamber members to more than a dozen Chamber Ambassadors at the regular monthly meeting this morning. April 2, 2013 (see photo gallery below with Ambassador chairman Sylvia Ramos of Dilbeck Real Living):
David Kirby is a sales representative for Sierra Honda and is the Chamber representative for the entire Sierra Autocars family of car dealerships. Sierra is a family-owned business that works together to continue the tradition and commitment to total customer satisfaction. Last year the Chamber co-hosted two ribbon-cuttings at Sierra Fiat and Sierra Chrysler. Sierra Honda recently became the official auto dealer of the Arcadia Chamber, with the Chamber CEO’s Honda Civic LX a lease from Sierra Honda.
- Arcadia Advanced Dentistry is represented by Terrie Hudson. Dr. Missagh Pezeshkian, better known as Dr. P, is dedicated to provide the best quality dental care with more than 24 years of experience.
- Sue Cook is the Executive Director of the Arcadia Performing Arts Foundation, a non-profit entity charged with fundraising to cover costs of the maintenance of the new 40,000 square-foot, 1,200-seat, high-concept state-of-the-art Performing Arts Center on the campus of Arcadia High School.
- Finally, Protective Angel, Inc. was founded by Mike Gerakios, a former law enforcement officer, who brought his sweet-tempered trained companion dog Athena. The company strives to spread awareness and provide safety and assistance to its local, national and now international community. They also offer emergency preparedness products and disaster planning services to individuals, businesses, school districts, and government agencies.
Prior to the introduction of the new members, Chamber CEO Scott Hettrick presented a 15-minute PowerPoint history and current activities of the Chamber, concluding with a showing of the Chamber’s new 3 1/2-minute “Arcadia’s Got It All” video for visitors and potential new residents.
April 2, 2013
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
Ambassador Chairperson, Sylvia Ramos of Dilbeck Real Living introduced two new Chamber members from the month of February at the monthly Ambassadors meeting on March 5.
Marie Taylor, NAI Capital, Inc. is a full service commercial real estate brokerage. They provide services for leasing and sale of industrial, office and retail property. Marie is also a Board Member of the Arcadia Towne Center Business Association and a graduate of Arcadia High School.
Jewish Federation of the Greater San Gabriel & Pomona was represented by Executive Director, Jason Moss. They provide programs and services for the community such as summer camps, events for local organizations, weekend retreats and cultural arts programs.
March 5, 2013
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Two new members were introduced at “Meet the Ambassadors” Feb. 5, 2013, by Personal Ambassador, Sylvia Ramos of Dilbeck Real Living, who is also a Chamber board member and chairman of the Ambassadors committee.
- Adam Libman is a tax accountant. His company believes that through aggressive tax reduction strategies you will have the increased cash flow to fund projects, businesses and charities that will make a positive impact on the world. They take pride in their service and the work they produce.
- Danae Powers, a Marriage and Family Therapist, specializes in helping people with relational issues. She works with families, couples, and individuals in both private sessions and group to facilitate enhanced relationships.
Photo gallery follows the video highlights below produced by Chamber member Andrew Gregson of The Executive Factor…
Jan. 5, 2013
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Dec. 5, 2012
Personal Ambassador Romy Rahmanian, Law office of Romy S. Rahmanian, introduced two new members at the Ambassadors Committee Meeting Dec. 4, 2012. RE/MAX Advanced Realty Monterey Park was represented by Tony Shou. Tony lives in Arcadia and is looking forward to learn more about the community and working with foreign investors. Crystal Zhang is a Financial Services Professional with Mass Mutual Financial Group. She also lives in Arcadia and wants to get more involved in the community. Crystal is fluent in Chinese Mandarin which is an asset in our area. Helen Mah from Wells Fargo Arcadia is the new Regional Private Banker. She not only represents the branches in Arcadia but all the Wells Fargo branches in San Gabriel, Temple City and Alhambra.
November Meet the Ambassadors
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Nov. 6, 2012
Two new members were welcomed by Chamber Ambassadors at the November 6, 2012 Ambassador meeting, led by Chairman Sylvia Ramos, Coldwell Banker George Realty. The following members were introduced by personal ambassador, Romy Rahmanian, Law Offices of Romy Rahmanian…
Yasuko Fujita, manager of the first Oto Oto Izakaya Restaurant outside of Japan. Oto Oto is first and foremost a traditional Japanese restaurant, but an Izakaya style restaurant, while traditional is by no means formal. Rather, an Izakaya is a place to unwind and have a drink and a bite to eat after work with friends, family and business associates. To this end, Oto Oto Izakaya’s in the U.S. are being designed with an aesthetic which communicates both excellence of cuisine and an upscale yet relaxing environment to drink and dine in.
John Davis, from Mt. Sierra College, shared information about this nationally accredited & private college located in Monrovia. Approximately 600 students are attending and working towards a Bachelors Degree in Business, Computer Technology or Media Arts. The four year program may be completed in 3 years since classes are offered year round.
November Ambassador meeting
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
Oct. 2, 2012
September Personal Ambassador Rich Jones of San Marino Tribune introduced three new Chamber members to the Ambassadors and Chamber Staff at “Meet the Ambassadors” Oct. 2, 2012.
Costco Marketing Department represented by Andrea Torres can offer many benefits to small businesses such as 401(k) plans, business phone services, merchant credit card processing and many more. The warehouse is full of every day values such as produce, books, electronics and housewares.
Jeffrey W. Kronson, M.D., specializes in personal solutions for all your vascular needs. He joined the Chamber in July and is located at 450 E. Huntington Drive 2nd floor in Arcadia.
Todd M. Palmquist represents the San Gabriel Valley Consortium on Homelessness. Their goals are to educate and engage the communities in the San Gabriel Valley on homeless issues and solutions. We can fight homelessness by getting involved and checking out their website.
October Meet the Ambassadors
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Sept. 4, 2012
Two out of the 10 new members for the month of August were introduced at “Meet the Ambassadors” Sept. 4, 2012 by Personal Ambassador, Mary Hansen.
- Consulate General of Sri Lanka represented by Counsul General, Dr. Hector Weerasinghe and Consul V.S. Sidath Kumar. They are here to promote import and export for Sri Lanka.
- Nancy Bond Insurance Services represented by Nancy Bond O’Neal, President/CEO and Jerry Pavelec, Vice President Sales & Marketing. Nancy has been in the insurance business for 20 years and they specialize in non profit organizations like school and churches. They also have offices in Colorado.
September Meet the Ambassadors
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Aug. 7, 2012
Your Chamber attracted what is believed to be a modern record of 17 new members in July without even having a membership drive.
Six of those new members came to “Meet the Ambassadors” Aug. 7, 2012 at the Chamber office, with this month’s Personal Ambassador John Sun of Budget Blinds inviting and introducing each one to the Ambassador Committee. Their names and companies are listed below the following photo gallery (click on each to see full details and contact info in their listing in Member Directory here on web site).
August Meet the Ambassadors
Roberta Armijo, Certified Financial Planner, is a full-service financial planner who can especially help women who are new to managing their wealth. She will help you set goals to preserve and grow your assets. Areas of focus are retirement income strategies, wealth preservation strategies, family finances and investments.
Cruise Planners represented by Jenny Tsa and Ivan Lai. They are your land escort and cruise specialists from weekend getaways to cruises of one week or longer. They have been to 32 countries and 60 cities and will handle all travel particulars from airfare, transfers, rental cars, hotels and cruise bookings.
Fast Autoworks represented by Tuan Nguyen, has owned the Arcadia business at 333 N. First Avenue for more than 10 years. They aim to provide excellent quality auto repair and services at a competitive price.
Magna Home Inspection, represented by Carl Lockridge, believes that the customer’s needs are of the utmost importance. With many years of experience in masonry, framing, wall covering, roofing and other areas of construction.
RE/MAX 6000 Realty, represented by Hank Hennessy, specializes in helping homeowners. The new office in Arcadia on Live Oak Avenue is complete and they are looking for experienced real estate agents to join the team.
TAZA a Social Coffee House, represented by Sonny Mediana, is set to officially open on September 1 at 11 W. Huntington Drive just west of Santa Anita Avenue across from Arcadia Park. Featuring hand-poured artisans coffee roasted by Jones in Pasadena, and espresso drinks made to order, pastries, and custom ice cream sandwiches. Artwork and live performers are also planned.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
July 3, 2012
Four of the nine new Arcadia Chamber of Commerce members who joined in June were introduced July 3, 2012 by Personal Ambassador Verena Somer of The Service Advisors during the monthly “Meet the Ambassadors” portion of the monthly Chamber Ambassadors meeting.
<New members listed below the following photo gallery…>
July 3, 2012
- EH Financial Group, Inc., represented by Emmy Hernandez, is a certified financial planner. She can assist with your retirement plan, creating of an investment portfolio and tax planning.
- Green Menu, represented by Alice Chou, promotes healthy living and a clean environment. They offer the Green Menu Dining Card, where discounts and exclusive offers are available to members.
- High Resolution Productions, featuring owner/disc jockey Steve Kikuchi, offers mobile sound and lighting. He has been providing entertainment for wedding and special occasions for more than 20 years.
- Legal Shield, represented by Edie Cole, gives you the ability to talk to an attorney on any legal matter for a small monthly fee. Click here to see Edie’s Chamber member listing here on this site.
Eleven new members joined the Chamber in the month of May. At the Ambassadors meeting this morning, the following members were introduced by Personal Ambassador Sho Tay (see photo gallery below):
- Mindy Kernc from California Philharmonic is getting ready for their first concert at the beautiful Santa Anita Race Track on June 30th. They have an office at Westfield Santa Anita, where you can buy tickets and assist with all your questions.
- Roland H. Kedikian is an attorney who specializes in bankruptcy. He started his practice in 1997 and offers free consultations .
- Kevin Lee and Richard Polanco,Jr. from IT Systemhouse, Inc. is an information technology specialist. They are the new IT provider for the Chamber and will soon offer special discounts to Chamber members.
- Debbie Magana, the Manager of National University just opened its office at Westfield Santa Anita. They provide online courses for individuals seeking college degrees.
- RE/MAX Omega opened its office on Baldwin Ave. last week with manager Peggy Fong Chen. Their mission is to provide quality service to their clients and to give back to the community.
New Chamber Members
Three new members: David Sun, Marquis Logistics – Jerry Dominguez, Printing Control – Ricky Whitman, Pasadena Humane Society, met new Chamber President Pete Siberell, Santa Anita Park, and were presented chamber member plaques by Ambassador Mark Ramos of Vista Paint at the May Day monthly Ambassador meeting (May 1, 2012).
And Ramos, this month’s Personal Ambassador, welcomed back longtime faithful and diligent Ambassador Mary Hansen to the meeting after some surgery and extensive rehab. She looks great!
New Members meet New President
Three new members: David Sun, Marquis Logistics - Jerry Dominguez, Printing Control - Ricky Whitman, Pasadena Humane Society met new Chamber President Pete Siberell, Santa Anita Park, and were presented chamber member plaques by Ambassador Mark Ramos of Vista Paint at today's monthly Ambassador meeting.
Chamber Ambassador chairperson Sylvia Ramos of Coldwell Banker George Realty and the Personal Ambassador for March, Vicki Knight of Century Rooter, introduced four new Chamber members at the monthly Ambassadors meeting April 4.
Each new member was presented a plaque by Chamber President Bob Hoffman, left in photos, and given a few minutes to describe their business to a dozen Ambassadors and Chamber staff members. The Chamber’s Executive Director, Scott Hettrick, is at right in the photos.
Chiropractor Dr. Brad Miller, at 212 E. Foothill Blvd., has been in business in Arcadia since the mid-1980s and even still makes house calls! He’s also the president of the Arcadia Rotary Club.
Holiday Inn Express (Pasadena, on Colorado Blvd between Rosemead and Madre) general manager Michael Tsai and sales manager Sabrina Chen said the hotel has 81 rooms and two conference rooms, one big enough to hold 80 people. They have already scheduled a Chamber mixer at the hotel May 10.
Real Estate Heaven CEO Paul Argueta and specialist Glen Yeh are targeting both commercial and residential properties and services.
Thanks to San Marino Tribune and Chamber Ambassador Richard Jones for publishing this photo of the Chamber plaque presentation to Paul and Glen of Real Estate Heaven in San Marino!