One hundred Arcadia Chamber of Commerce members were nearly light-headed Thursday evening (Feb. 26, 2015), not because of the altitude or the free drinks, but by the exciting and “eye-opening” experience of the remodeled Sky Lounge Dave & Buster’s at the Westfield Santa Anita mall in Arcadia, as well as all the amazing raffle prizes handed out at the Business Mixer designed as an office product showcase for Chamber member Harris Office Products.
<Story continues below the following gallery of photos from the event – to change image, click arrows at sides or click on thumbnails at bottom; click “FS” at bottom right to go full screen, and “SL” to have slides sequence automatically…[flagallery gid=283]
More than a dozen winners walked away with prizes that included an HP printer, a Keurig coffee maker and a free Happy Hour VIP party for 20 people at Dave & Buster’s, which also hosted the event last night by providing a large buffet that included chicken and steak on sticks, slider burgers and shrimp, as well as one free drink for every attendee and a free game card for the massive arcade on the main floor of the business directly across from the AMC Santa Anita movie theater. The company also provided a deejay who kept the crowd energized all evening as the sun went down and the dazzling lights and decorative open-flame heaters transformed the already-festive atmosphere. The open-air lounge at the top of long escalators offers a hip and elegant outdoor setting that overlooks the beautiful art deco grandstands of Santa Anita Park horse race track and the picture-esque San Gabriel Mountains.
It’s just one of the many elements offered at Dave & Buster’s, which Special Events Manager Taylor Militello said books hundreds of events each year ranging from small parties, seminars and other functions for 20 – 150 people all the way up to turning over the entire venue for major event and corporate party bookings with as many as 2,000 attendees.
Manager Jason Del Campo; excited the crowd last night by demonstrating the venue’s instant social media feature on one of the several big-screen TV displays and awarding a free drink to the first two responders who posted photos of the event and tagged Dave & Buster’s, which then showed up on the screens.
Harris Office Products’ Tony Gutierrez introduced representatives from vendor partners of Harris who each gave away many valuable products and offered helpful information about their services, including a demonstration of HP’s world’s fastest printer that churns out 70 pages per minute. The following is a list of some of the examples:
- Table: Carlos Robledo – Fellowes management products, shredders, binding equipment, laminating machines and air purifiers; and Pentel pens, all types.
- Table: Vinh Tran – HP printers & ink/toner; Keurig coffee machine and sample Kcups
- Table: Alex Aronis — BIC pens; GOJO janitorial & breakroom; SAFCO furniture
- Table: Bob Smithers — Avery quality binders, laser/inkjet labels; indexes; sheet protectors; markers; Dial soap, dispensers; hand sanitizers; anti-microbial cleansers
- Also: HSM business quality shredders; paper handling machines; hard drive shredders; PET Crusher; ProfiPak, Pentel, Zebra writing instruments, markers, highlighters, ECO Pens; refills
A few of the winners of the raffle prizes include:
- M.J. Smith of Smitty’s Signworks
- Brooke Perez of Longo Toyota / Lexus / Scion
- Joshua Thai of New York Life
- Frank Yik of Rose Hills Memorial Park & Mortuary
- James Francisco of DovesDeals
- Sophia Zhang, residential member
- Ramon Gutierrez
In addition to the prizes donated by Harris and its vendors, other Chamber members offered raffle prizes, including Rod Salazar of Stubbies Promotions, and two $140 vouchers for facials from Lani Lee of Beauty Culture, both of which are on First Avenue near Duarte Road.