Board President Arlynn Robinson of Century 21, Earll Ltd. and board member Joan Francone of ORI Global announced at the monthly board meeting May 23 the Chamber’s Boot Stompin’ Hoedown fundraiser at 6 p.m. Friday, July 26 at Matt Denny’s “Saloon” (Ale House & Restaurant). $40 admission (All Access Pass not acceptable) Come to the Arcadia Chamber’s Boot Stompin’ Hoedown at Matt Denny’s “Saloon” (Ale House & Restaurant)!
Available online: Hoedown fundraiser tickets
- Live country pop and pop music by JC-2, featuring guitarist Chris Haddow of Chamber member Citizens Business Bank, and singer Jeanette Johnson.
- Special performance by dancers from the dance studio “Having a Ball.”
- Tri-tip, chicken, corn on the cob, BBQ beans, and green salad. Doubletree Hotel will feature their yummy Chocolate Cookies for dessert.
- Two drink tickets will be provided.
- Raffle prizes include two two-night stays at Doubletree Hotels and special tickets to Santa Anita Park race track.
Come lookin’ like a cowboy and cowgirl and win a prize for best costume!
Proceeds will go towards the purchase of interior furnishings not covered by the City’s funding for upcoming remodeling of the interior of the Chamber office.
The winners of the Chamber’s annual business awards were revealed for the July 18 Networking Breakfast program and will be publicly announced in the coming weeks.
Other updates at the board meeting included:
- City Report by Councilman Bob Harbicht- after 11 years the City has reached an agreement Rusnak Mercedes to expand its dealership to include a lot and showroom on Santa Anita Avenue; Colorado Blvd. has opened again, and Santa Anita Avenue is down to one lane in each direction for six months – to be completed prior to Breeders’ Cup.
- Business Mixer to be held at 300 Pasadena May 29, 5:30 to 7:30.
- Committee Reports: Pasadena Pops summer concerts set for the Arboretum and CalPhil set for Santa Anita Park; renovations at Westfield this summer; Law Day June 15; Guest volunteer T.G. Metzger of State Farm Insurance provided extensive updates of progress on Sept. 23 Taste of Arcadia event, including expansion to West Lawn with classic car show and Monday Night Football lounge.
- Guest Lisa Lucas of Arcadia Educational Foundation informed board that she plans to put together an event this fall to inform business leaders about school programs, which was greeted with support by the board.