Cal Phil is back at Santa Anita for another terrific season of outdoor concerts!
Marking California Philharmonic’s 19th season, the incomparable Maestro Victor Vener is, once again, turning the heat up on summer entertainment with a spectacular series of Saturday evening concerts featuring his world-class orchestra and a sizzling slate of special guests. To purchase tickets to attend the incomparable Victor Vener and his California Philharmonic concerts at Santa Anita Race Track, call 626.304.0333 or www.calphil.com.
- Saturday June 27: All you need is love – and Beethoven – when California Philharmonic kicks off its 2015 concert series with The Beatles & Beethoven. Always a fan favorite, the concert combines revolutionary music from two prolific eras. Adding to the excitement this year, California Philharmonic welcomes special guest Beatlemania Now, the “best tribute band on the planet,” to the stage. Concert-goers will delight as the spontaneous dance rhythms of Beethoven’s 7th Symphony pair perfectly with Beatles’ hits including Penny Lane, Sgt. Pepper, Hey Jude and more.
- Saturday, July 11: The San Gabriel Mountains come alive on Saturday July 11 when California Philharmonic presents Rodgers & Hammerstein & More. wo of today’s top voices, Anthony Fedorov, who captivated audiences as a season four finalist on American Idol, and Jennifer Paz, star of Les Miz’ 10th anniversary on Broadway and the national tour of Miss Saigon, perform songs from The Sound Of Music, South Pacific and Cinderella. The concert also includes Schubert’s Unfinished Symphony and highlights from classic film scores.
- Saturday, July 25: Expect the unexpected on Saturday July 25 during California Philharmonic’s third concert of the season, Phantom/Les Miz. Broadway sensations Tracy Miller Schell and Darren Ritchie join the orchestra and the Cal Phil Chorale in haunting performances of highlights from Les Misérables and Phantom Of The Opera. Berlioz’ electrifying Symphonie Fantastique and Fauré’s heavenly Requiem round out the show.
- Saturday, August 8: California Philharmonic’s blockbuster season continues on Saturday August 8 with Lights, Camera, Action! Prepare to hold on as Maestro Vener and his orchestra take the audience on a wild ride while performing some of the powerful pieces that made Jurassic Park, Star Wars and Psycho Hollywood classics. The concert also includes Korngold’s romantic Violin Concerto, featuring violin virtuoso, and California Philharmonic Concert Master, Armen Anassian, as well as the thrilling finale of Shostakovich’s 5th Symphony. Concert-goers will also be treated to the world premiere of California Philharmonic Composer In Residence rogerallenward’s 2nd symphony.
- Saturday, August 22: The season finale, Postcards From Abroad, takes place on Saturday August 22. Packed with riveting entertainment and awe-inspiring performances. Concert-goers will be travel to Europe with Capriccio Espagnol and Il Postino, rediscover the rhythms of New York City with Gershwin’s 2nd Rhapsody, featuring consummate pianist Bryan Rezone and explore Kenya with Out Of Africa. Music lovers will also be transported to the fantastical worlds of The Hobbit and Harry Potter.
“California Philharmonic is thrilled to announce a fresh, immensely entertaining and enlightening program for the 2015 summer season,” said Vener. “We have an exciting line-up, world class musicians and many phenomenal special guests that we are welcoming on the California Philharmonic stage for the first time. I look forward to experiencing another summer full of new, unforgettable and uniquely California Philharmonic memories – and am honored to do so with the best audiences in the Southland.”
A California Philharmonic show is more than just a concert, it is an experience. Saturdays are always right on track with concerts at Santa Anita Race Track. Gates open at 5:30pm to pre-concert dining including delicious gourmet food offerings available on-site, full bars and live jazz. Concerts begin at 7:30pm. Table and lawn seating on the lush green grass of Santa Anita Race Track’s infield are available, complete with the area’s best unobstructed view of the beautiful San Gabriel Mountains.
The magic continues Sunday afternoons at the incomparable Walt Disney Concert Hall. Cal Phil at Walt Disney Concert Hall performances start at 2:00pm, with the intimate pre-concert Talks With The Maestro at 1:00pm in BP Hall.
The California Philharmonic is supported by the California Philharmonic Society, a non-profit community benefit organization whose main emphasis at this time is to support the California Philharmonic.
Tickets for Walt Disney Concert Hall are available for purchase through Ticketmaster at 800.745.3000 or online at www.ticketmaster.com.
For further information or to schedule a time to speak with Maestro Victor Vener or California Philharmonic Society President rogerallenward, please contact Lauren Lewis at 818.970.0052 or firstname.lastname@example.org.