Update July 15, 2014: Applications no longer being accepted for this position as of July 14.
The Arcadia Chamber of Commerce is seeking candidates to fill a new full-time position immediately. Those interested should e-mail a resume to Info@ArcadiaCaChamber.org. The job of Deputy Director / Office Manager will pay a salary of $40,000 – $45,000,with optional additional monthly medical allowance (no company insurance plan), plus commissions on ad/sponsor sales & potential bonus for achieving year-end member level and net revenue goals. Candidates will be asked to show prior experience in sales and demonstrate ability to use Microsoft 2010, including Excel and PowerPoint, as well as knowledge of social media such as Facebook and Twitter, e-newsletter services such as Constant Contact, and web site/blog services such as WordPress. Ideal candidates will live in Arcadia or nearby, have working knowledge of the community, and be flexible and willing to attend morning, early evening, and sometimes weekend functions in Arcadia. Chamber of Commerce and event organizing experience preferred but not required. The position requires working regular business office hours from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday at 388 W. Huntington Drive. Ideal candidates will be available to start this new job by mid-to-late July. Primary responsibilities of the position of Deputy Director / Office Manager include oversight, management & implementation of the following:
- Events/Activities: Primary responsibility for staff admin/prep & follow-up, including creating/managing RSVPs/ticketing and logistical arrangements, certificates/awards and fliers/publicity/media releases for all Chamber events, including Taste of Arcadia, Citizen of Year dinner; Networking Breakfasts, Mixers, Ribbon-Cuttings, Planning Conference, seminars, etc., plus web site/social media follow-up postings (with help from CEO and staff)
- Member relations: all aspects of recruiting, welcoming, signing up, coordinating, invoicing, and maintaining new and renewing members, including directories, web site listings / calendar posts, e-mails, mailings, etc. (with help from contract consultant) Also staff liaison for Ambassadors.
- Customer service: handling calls, e-mails, in-person visits by members and customers (with help from part-time Member Director)
- Office: all aspects of maintaining office, including keeping supplies stocked; manage maintenance/repair issues
- Staff liaison for committees: Networking Breakfast, Taste of Arcadia, Ambassadors, etc. (with help from CEO)
Deputy Director / Office Manager also expected to share responsibility with CEO in generating sponsors for all Chamber events and office-building naming opportunities, as well as ads on web site, e-newsletter and print publications. The Arcadia Chamber is looking for a hard-working, forward-thinking and innovative individual who is a self-motivated, self-starter open to new ideas and committed to maintaining the standards of the Arcadia Chamber while achieving ambitious new goals. Please send resume or questions to Info@ArcadiaCaChamber.org. Be sure to include e-mail and phone contact information. You will be contacted by e-mail or phone and informed if you will be called in for an interview in the coming days. The non-profit member-based Arcadia Chamber of Commerce, overseen by a volunteer board of directors and officers, is ranked as one of the top Chambers in the San Gabriel Valley and one of the top 40 Chambers in Los Angeles County by the Los Angeles Business Journal. The Arcadia Chamber has 450 members and an annual budget of $300,000-plus. Both numbers continue to grow each year. The Chamber is one of the most active and pro-active in the region, promoting and serving business members and the general community with activities such as the annual Taste of Arcadia, called the signature event of Arcadia, as well as one of the most highly-regarded monthly legislative meeting, the Government Affairs Forum. The current staff consists of a full-time CEO, a part-time Member Director, and contract consultants for bookkeeping and new member recruitment/retention.