Welcome to the 1st edition of the Downtown Arcadia Improvement Association Newsletter, a brief update
on events, improvements, and other items for the Downtown Arcadia Business Improvement District. For
additional information on any of these items, please contact Donna Choi, DAIA Administrative Executive
District Improvements & Marketing
Downtown Arcadia Banners:230 new banners installed in November 2016 along Huntington Dr. and First Avenue.
• Parking Lot Signs:6 new public parking lot directional signs added on Huntington Dr., First Ave, and Santa Anita Ave in December 2016.
• New Downtown Arcadia Zoning Code: Adopted in December 2016, the new zoning promotes vibrant and active commercial uses along First Avenue and Huntington Drive while incentivizing mixed-use commercial-residential development near the Metro Gold Line Station.
• Downtown Arcadia Bicycle Racks: Are currently being design for installation on Huntington Drive and First Avenue. Estimated completion date is Summer/Fall 2017.
• Pedestrian Walkway Enhancements: Decorative lighting, pavers, signage, and other enhancements are scheduled for the pedestrian walkway that connects Huntington Drive sidewalk to the large public parking lot. Estimated completion date is Summer/Fall 2017.
• Decorative Lighting Project: Project to install decorative lighting within the landscaped medians and right-of-ways along First Avenue and Huntington Drive. Currently in the conceptual design phase. Timeline TBD.
• New Downtown Arcadia Map & Brochure:Updated promotional map and brochure produced and distributed to local hotels and at Downtown Arcadia events.
• Downtown Arcadia Tote Bags: New district branded tote bags produced for distribution at Downtown Arcadia events.
• Downtown Arcadia Branded Water Bottles:Item specifically produced for and distributed at recent 626 Golden Streets event.
• Downtown Arcadia Website & Social Media:Includes business promotions, event info., district marketing materials, and more!
Downtown Arcadia Event Calendar:
Recently Completed Events:
• Downtown Arcadia Holiday Market was held on North First Avenue on Saturday, December 10, 2016 in partnership with Artisanal L.A. The event was a big success in attracting new people to Downtown Arcadia and planning has begun for next year’s holiday market scheduled for Saturday December 9, 2017.
• Downtown Arcadia Lunar New Year Festivalwas held in the large downtown public parking lot on Sunday, January 8, 2017. The event was a lot of fun and successful in promoting Downtown Arcadia to the predominately Asian
demographic that was in attendance.
• 626 Golden Streets event was held on Sunday, March 5. 2017 from 9am to 4pm with one of the primary event hubs in Downtown Arcadia adjacent to Metro Gold Line Station. The event featured 18 miles of car-free streets passing through seven cities and event organizers estimate approximately 100,000 people participated.
• Patriotic Festivalwill be held on Saturday, July 1, 2017 from 6pm to 10pm. on North First Avenue. Event will include live music, food and drink, misc. booths, and other entertainment options.
• Carcadia & Route 66:Car enthusiast group that meets on the last Sunday of each month from 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. in the parking area behind the Denny’s Windmill. More info at Facebook.com/Carcadia66
Attract more customers while contributing to an enhanced and revitalized Downtown Arcadia by following these easy tips and tricks for successful and attractive storefront design!
1. Allowing unobstructed views into your store creates an inviting appearance that attracts new customers
and creates a high quality, professional appearance. To accomplish this, minimize the number of window signs, use
transparent glass with minimal tint, and avoid covering front windows with blinds, curtains, or shades.
2. Utilize a portion of your front windows for product display and/or to create a decorative display that communicates the essence of your business to potential customers.
Additional questions on storefront design options and ideas?
Contact Arcadia Economic Development at (626) 574-5409 for free personalized guidance and recommendations customized to your specific needs.