Taste of Arcadia 2015 offers the best line-up of food and beverage vendors ever on September 28 at the Los Angeles County Arboretum (tickets here for members of the Arcadia Chamber of Commerce and non-members).
The PiazzaRev-olution is a national craft-your-own movement where the customer picks out their own dough, sauce, cheese and toppings.
Also new is popular Bulgarini Gelato, authentic Italian gelato in a multitude of flavors.
And tastes of more wine and beer than ever before, including the addition of the first winery vendor at Taste of Arcadia:
- Navarro Vineyards of coastal Mendocino will offer tastes of some of their many wines. They will also be happy to take orders at their Taste of Arcadia booth for any of their many varieties of wine and non-alcoholic grape juice. Based at 5601 Hwy 128 in Philo, Calif., Navarro was founded on a 900-acre sheep ranch in Anderson Valley in 1973 by Ted Bennett and Deborah Cain, where they grow estate Gewürztraminer, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Gris, Muscat Blanc, and Sauvignon Blanc.
- Angelini Trading Company/Benevento Wine, of Santa Monica, is also new to offering eclectic imported wines at Taste this year. The company is the proud importer behind the world-famous Benevento Wine brand featured on Access Hollywood. The collection of fine Italian wines have all been rated 90-points or higher and come from all parts of Italy, including some rare grape varietals from “Benevento” where the brand gets its name. The wine is available across the U.S. in retail outlets, restaurants, and everywhere fine Italian wine is enjoyed. Angelini joins returning Taste of Arcadia favorites:
- D’Aquino Italian Imports, a family-owned business based in Duarte since 1977 (1850 Business Center Drive), will be offering tastes of the imported quality wines from the finest regions of Italy. Because D’Aquino offers large volume supplies of exquisite wines that are sold at stores such as Trader Joe’s, Food 4 Less, Ralph’s, State Brothers, and many other local stores, Italian markets, and restaurants, the low-cost volume pricing is passed on to consumers.
- Wine Of The Month Club will present samplings of the choicest of more than 250 wines that President and cellarmaster Paul Kalemkiarian tastes every month before selecting the best value for his customers who enjoy a free club membership. WOM, which moved to Arcadia in 1989 and is now based at 907 S. Magnolia Avenue in Monrovia, is the oldest and most trusted wine service in America. Membership entitles you to two exquisite selections delivered to your door for $21.95 plus $9.75 shipping and applicable state taxes.
Ensuring you will not run out of beer taste options will be:
- 38 Degrees Ale House & Grill, of 100 W. Main St. in Alhambra and soon a new outlet in Monrovia, offering the best craft beers as well as sliders. The name of the company rated of of the top 100 beer restaurants in the world in 2012 by RateBeer.com comes from pouring 38 amazing craft beer from 38 rotating taps. 38 Degrees also serves an eclectic selection of new American cuisine.
- Anheuser-Busch, offering the Elysian Brewing Co. craft brew brand, as well as popular Goose Island Beer Co. label, both out of Pomona.
Elysian Brewing, founded in 1995 in Seattle, offers German and Belgian beers, its own Immortal IPA, and more than 20 different beers at Seattle’s top brewpub.
Goose Island, created out of Chicago in 1988, specializes in European-style craft brewing.
- Matt Denny’s Ale House Restaurant, one of the longest-running and most popular providers of beer as well as the favorite pulled pork and tri-tip sandwiches. Matt Denny’s, at 145 E. Huntington Drive in the heart of Downtown Arcadia, has been among the most popular independent eateries in Arcadia for nearly two decades with a full American menu, extensive bar with dozens of beers on tap, a friendly atmosphere where people gather to talk, watch sports, or listen to live music. Matt Denny’s also offers such popular catering services that the room service offered to Hilton Garden Inn gives that hotel on edge on its competition.
- Cabrera’s Mexican Cuisine celebrates its 30th anniversary at 625 E. Live Oak Avenue in Arcadia by offering tastes of margaritas with their chicken and pork street tacos.
- Max’s Mexican Cuisine of 1101 E. Huntington Drive in Monrovia makes its debut at Taste of Arcadia with margaritas to go with its chile verde and chile rellenos.
And refreshing non-alcoholic offerings include:
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers‘ freckled lemonade to go with its famous onion rings. The colorfully-decorated casual dining North American restaurant chain of 500 locations founded in 1969 offers more than two dozen burgers and “bottomless” steak fries at its location on the Promenade at Westfield Santa Anita mall, 400 S. Baldwin Avenue. The menu is also filled with a wide variety of salads, soups, appetizers, entrees, desserts, and signature Mad Mixology beverages, as well as an extensive selection of local and regional beers and innovative adult beer shakes and cocktails, earning the 2014 VIBE Vista Award for Best Beer Program in a Multi-Unit Chain Restaurant.
- T-Neer will serve delicious and exotic varieties of tea along with cucumber, chicken and tuna fish sandwiches. The finest tea room in Sierra Madre in the heart of downtown at 142 W. Sierra Madre Blvd. offers 131 teas from Sri Lanka, India, China, Japan, and Taiwan, including black, green, white, and oolong, as well as sandwiches including chicken, egg, tuna fish, and cucumber, and scones, macaroons, and cakes. Tea accessories are also available for sale.
- Bottled water provided by the Upper San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District at the Arcadia Chamber of Commerce booths on each of the three lawns of the event. USGVWMD is a special district initially formed by the region’s voters in 1959 to help sustain adequate water supplies and later mandated to provide reliable, sustainable, diversified, and affordable quality water throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Asian food market is covered from three different angles:
- Hai Di Lao, last year’s Best In Show Culinary Contest winner at Taste of Arcadia returns with its world-famous Chinese hot pot fish egg, fish ball, sausage, spinach and fish tofu, and noodles, prepared on site, including the entertaining dancing noodle chef who spins the noodles like a cowboy with a lasso. The first American location for the chain with 100 stores in China is on the Promenade at the Westfield Santa Anita mall, 400 S. Baldwin Avenue, and offers high quality food and service in an eye-pleasing atmosphere.
- Benihana Westfield Santa Anita, 400 S. Baldwin Avenue, brings back the popular Japanese Hibachi fried rice and sushi-California rolls, just a sampling of the offerings at the Arcadia mall location of the 50 year-old franchise that features great steaks, chicken, seafood and vegetables prepared to your preference by showman chefs right before your eyes. Customers enjoy the lounge, sushi bar, and patio lounge dining for refreshing drinks, exotic cocktails, and savory sushi, with other options such as Happy Hour Monday – Friday 4-7, and Express Lunch for quick mid-day dining Mondays-Fridays.
- Hot N Sweet Chicken once again offers its Korean fusion fried chicken, just one of the popular offerings of bold and spicy Korean-inspired flavors of American classics by the house chef. Lunch and dinner complete with a beer and wine bar with an atmosphere to match the name.
If you have a taste for Mexican cuisine, there are plenty of choices from new and longtime favorites:
- Villa Catrina Mexican Restaurant & Catina, making its second appearance in as many years to defend its rookie Culinary Contest victory for Most Savory Dish, returns with a myriad options that include tostadas, ceviche, tortas Azteca, and churros. The family-friendly restaurant at 251 N Santa Anita Avenue in Arcadia that opened on Cinco de Mayo in 2014 offers authentic Mexican food and fine margaritas and tequilas, complete with a full cantina. In addition to several dining rooms and a banquet room with big screen TVs and a performance stage for live entertainment, Villa Catrina also offers lunch and Happy Hour specials and provides catering services.
- Cabrerra’s Mexican Cuisine, 2012 Culinary Contest winner for Best Presentation, offers chicken and pork street tacos as well as margaritas.
- La Adelita makes its debut with chile verde, chunks of pork and tomatillo sauce, rice and beans, chips, and salsa. The 12 year-old small eatery at 134 E. Colorado Blvd. in Monrovia offers authentic Mexican food and great service.
- Max’s Mexican Cuisine of 1101 Huntington Drive in Monrovia offers chile verde and chile rellenos along with margaritas.
- Paco’s Mexican Restaurant will offer cooked beef. The popular eatery at 200 E. Foothill Blvd is something of an icon in Arcadia.
- Santa Anita Hospitality, most famous for The FrontRunner restaurant at the horse race track at 285 W. Huntington Drive in Arcadia, will offer fire-roasted chili salsa, scallop ceviche, and bay shrimp.
And there will be plenty of desserts and baked delights for every taste:
- Rita’s Italian Ice, last year’s Culinary Contest winner for Most Innovative, returns with italian ice from the East Coast paired with the famous frozen custard. Just a couple of the offerings at the store at 733 W. Naomi Avenue in Arcadia.
- Sweet Nothings Cake Shop, the 2014 Culinary Contest winner for Dessert, returns with cupcakes, cake pops and cookies. The Duarte shop at 1849 Huntington Drive specializes in orders for custom cakes, cupcakes desserts and more for all occasions, including large-scale corporate events.
- City Café joins the party with Bananas Foster to go with its pulled pork sliders from the American cafe in a casual, contemporary setting at 607 Azusa Avenue in the heart of downtown Azusa.
- Courtyard by Marriott, at 700 W. Huntington Drive just a few feet east of Arcadia in Monrovia, will feature cream puffs to go with its Caprese salad skewers, Italian Quinoa salad, meatballs and angel hair pasta. It’s a small example of the catering services offered by the hotel.
- The Derby, a historic icon at 233 E. Huntington Drive in Arcadia, is preparing its always-popular bread pudding and chocolate bread pudding.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel at 924 W. Huntington Drive, just east of Arcadia in Monrovia, brings back their signature cookies, as well as BBQ ribs.
- Sam’s Club also offers delicious cookies. Sam’s is a wholesale warehouse division of Wal-Mart at 4901 Santa Anita Avenue in El Monte that offers bulk and non-bulk items.
- Yogurtland, at 633 W. Duarte Road in Arcadia, will offer frozen yogurt. The self-serve store features 16 flavors and more than 30 toppings, as well as a special “party-2-go” box for office, graduation, or birthday parties. Yogurtland also hosts fundraisers in store and off-site with pre-packaged yogurts to sell at your event.
As well as Italian fare:
- Carmine’s Italian Restaurant, also celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, offers gumbi, pasta rosa and bruschetta from its popular location at 311 E. Live Oak Avenue in Arcadia. The Sabatella family serves Italian fare in a family style environment with menus for dining in or to-go that offer home-style offerings for everyone.
- Claro’s Italian Market, with stores in Arcadia as well as 1003 E. Valley Blvd. in San Gabriel, returns to Taste with marinated mushrooms and pasta salad
- Courtyard by Marriott’s Italian Quinoa salad, meatballs, angel hair pasta, Caprese salad skewers, as well as cream puffs.
And traditional American fare, including sliders, sandwiches and more pizza:
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse, 400 E. Huntington Drive in Arcadia, is providing tastes of BBQ chop salad, BJ’s favorite pizza and BBQ chicken pizza. BJ’s offers all sporting events on big-screen TVs, Happy Hour 3 pm – 7 pm Mondays-Fridays, and late night Happy Hour from 10 p.m. – closing time Sundays – Thursdays.
- City Café offers pulled pork sliders as well as Bananas Foster
- Dave & Buster’s will have a booth as exciting as its family-focused delicious food and fun for all ages in the most fun place to eat, drink, play and watch sports at the Westfield Santa Anita mall, 400 S. Baldwin Avenue in Arcadia. Those who stop by the booth at Taste of Arcadia will be served sliders and find free gaming and kids meal coupons and a spin-for-a-prize wheel.
- Matt Denny’s Ale House Restaurant shores up the event with its dependably delicious pulled pork and tri-tip sliders as well as offerings of beer tastes.
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers serves its famous onion rings and freckled Lemonade
- Twohey’s Restaurant is also offering pulled pork sliders with sweet and sour coleslaw. The retro family-friendly diner at 1224 N. Atlantic Blvd. in Alhambra since 1943 is known for burgers and hot fudge sundaes.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel is offering BBQ ribs in addition to their signature cookies.
And that’s just part of the offerings, with many other returning and new vendors of all sorts:
- Arcadia Gardens Retirement Hotel, at 720 W. Camino Real off Baldwin Avenue in Arcadia, returns with pannacotta and Mediterranean grilled chicken with puree of celery root.
- Bella Serra Trattoria is serving bite-sized bacon-wrapped dates that are a favorite at their spacious and eclectic eatery at 422 S. Myrtle Avenue in the heart of Old Town Monrovia.
- Café LuMar offers tastes of gnocchi, goulash and crepes from the small, family-owned Croatian/European eatery at 136 E. Colorado Blvd in Monrovia. Since opening in January 2012, the cafe serves European specialties such as goulash, lamb shank, stuffed cabbage rolls, crepes, and more.
- Embassy Suites Arcadia, Peacock Grille, which won the 2014 Culinary Contest for Best Presentation, is back with crab cake sliders and quinoa salad. The Peacock Grille and Polo Lounge off the lush atrium of the Embassy Suites Hotel at 211 E. Huntington Drive in Arcadia, offers lunch and dinner every day, and reserved semi-private dining rooms for 10-30 guests, and meeting/banquet facilities for up to 400 people.
- The Four Seasons Tea Room , an English-style tea room at 75 N. Baldwin Avenue in Sierra Madre, will offer tea sandwiches such chicken salad, cucumber, roasted bell pepper, and egg salad. The tea room, featuring many different flavors and famous baked-to-order scones, is open 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Tuesdays – Saturdays (Sundays by reservation for 20 or more).
- Methodist Hospital Café will serve cold soup: gazpacho and summertime chilled melon soup. The 400-bed acute care hospital at 300 W. Huntington Drive in Arcadia, features food service operations managed by Sodexo Services for patient feeding, employee meals at the Fresh Inspirations Cafe, nursery school meals, Arcadia MOW, physicians, and provides internal/external catering.
- T-Neer of Sierra Madre will serve cucumber, chicken and tuna fish sandwiches as well as it exotic teas.
- Whole Foods Market offers car-roasted brussel sprouts. Whole Foods offers the highest-quality natural and organic products, screened and measured against strict quality standards. The Hastings Ranch market at 3751 E. Foothill Blvd. in Pasadena features a smokehouse, coffee/juice/smoothie bar, salad bar, bakery, and a newly-opened full-service restaurant/bar called The Shuffle Bar.
On the heels of what most described as the best Taste of Arcadia ever, the 2015 event has been set for September 28 at the lush Los Angeles County Arboretum.
Returning Gold Sponsors of the city’s signature event are Westfield Santa Anita, Methodist Hospital, and BMW of Monrovia. Rose Hills Memorial Park & Mortuary is once again sponsoring the Business Showcase at the Taste.
Last year’s outdoor event drew a record crowd of more than 1,500 attendees and more than nearly 100 vendors and entertainers.
Tickets may be purchased here in Shop area of Arcadia Chamber web site, by calling 626-447-2159, or in person at the Chamber office at 388 W. Huntington Drive, Arcadia, 91007.
In addition to a showcase of America’s Most Unique Vehicles presented by Professional Advisory Services, returning this year is the Hollywood premiere-style Red Carpet Experience presented by Printing Control with Arcadia’s Selfie Selfie photo studio sponsored by Century Rooter Service & Plumbing as well as Hart, Mieras, & Morris. Also returning will be the popular Arcadia High School drum line performing at the main gate before the show begins and then leading the first arrivals down to the venue in a marching band parade style.
The popular VIP Reserved Tables for ten guests offering exclusive seating around the picture-esque fountain, can be purchased by Arcadia Chamber members for $599 ($750 for non-members of the Chamber). The limited number of VIP tables are nearly sold out, so get your order in right away.
For a little extra, you can reserve the Peacock Package for $999, which gets you the same VIP Reserved Table for 10 and your logo and name in event publicity, as well as the option to provide an item to be included in 1,500 gift bags at the event.
The Business Showcase is sold out with 40 vendors and five new car dealers, including first-timers Tesla Motors and Cadillac Concierge.
Contact the Arcadia Chamber if you would like to be a sponsor – 626-447-2159 or Info@ArcadiaCaChamber.org.
Returning Silver Sponsors this year include:
- City of Arcadia’s Shop Arcadia and Arcadia Transit
- Foothill Credit Union
- Hotel Constance / Singpoli
- Wells Fargo
- Professional Advisory Services — Silver Sponsor, America’s Most Unique Vehicles
New Silver Sponsors:
- Southern California Edison
Returning Bronze Sponsor:
- Century Rooter Service & Plumbing
- Monday Night Football Lounge: Pro Image Sports
- Red Carpet Experience presented by Printing Control & Selfie Selfie:
Century Rooter Service & Plumbing and Hart, Mieras, & Morris
- Ticket Sponsor: Foothill Gold Line
- Tram Sponsor: Arcadia Association of Realtors
Returning Peacock Package Sponsors:
- Southern California Gas Company
- Minuteman Transport, Peter Amundson
- Arboretum venue and facilities provided courtesy of L.A. County Arboretum
- Overflow parking via shuttle, and promotional banners courtesy Santa Anita Park
- Table linens by California Linen Services
- Parking lighting and support services provided by Jan’s Towing
- Trash recycling courtesy of Waste Management
- 1,500 gift bags courtesy of Methodist Hospital / Vons
- 1,300 bottles of water from the Upper San Gabriel Valley Water District
- VIP table centerpieces provided by Joanna’s Floral Expression & Gifts
- DirecTV broadcast for Monday Night Football Lounge provided by Bandwidth Options, Inc.
- Big-screen TV donated by T.G. Metzger State Farm Insurance
Other sponsor opportunities remaining
- Silver Sponsor – $2,500
Logo with all event publicity now till event
— including web site, printed fliers, media releases
Branding on signage at event
Full page ad in event printed program
optional item in gift bag for 1,500 attendees
1 VIP reserved Table for 10
1 Reserved Parking (1 vehicle)
Contact the Arcadia Chamber if you would like to be a vendor or a sponsor – 626-447-2159 or Info@ArcadiaCaChamber.org.