The nearly $1 billion Foothill Gold Line from Pasadena to Azusa continues on time and on budget for a September 2015 turn-over to Metro.
- Nearly all two dozen bridge structures are now complete, and only three of the 17 at-grade crossings remain under construction.
- The at-grade crossing at First Ave and Santa Clara St was completed in March.
- The Arcadia Station and 350-space parking structure are both well on their way to completion, while sound wall and fencing placement in Arcadia is ongoing.
- Construction of the new Santa Anita Ave Bridge was completed in early May, and lighting tests were conducted in May to determine the best lighting for the art-deco designed bridge.
- Sound wall panels have now been installed on the Colorado Blvd Bridge.
- Significant planning is underway for the preparation to erect the girders (steel beams) for the Huntington bridge.
- Planning is also underway for duct bank work on the southbound lanes of Baldwin Avenue, north of the I-210 Freeway and south of Foothill Boulevard. This work will impact southbound traffic from Foothill Boulevard sometime in late June. No weekend work is anticipated for this job.
- Questions about the project? Visit www.foothillextension.org • Call the Hotline at (626) 324-7098 • Visit the Public Information Office at 400 N. Santa Anita Ave, Suite 101-B, Arcadia, CA (Open daily from 8 AM to 5 PM)