Job Title: Broadband Outside Plant Coordinator Location: Arcadia / Monrovia
Type: Full Time Position Summary: Under general direction, manages daily aspects of site construction such as communication site construction (telecom), wireless telecommunications systems (towers, poles, equipment shelters). Responsible for project cost management, labor productivity and schedule development, safety compliance, quality control, and general construction administration. Creates detailed scope of work documentation and troubleshoots issues to avoid delays or escalations. May be responsible for performing site surveys, creating and updating project schedules, ordering materials, and contributing to selection and/or evaluation of subcontractors. May perform administrative tasks such as issuing work orders, preparing management reports, and preparing quotes and cost estimates. Adheres to safety program training.
• Responsible for short- and long-term construction projects with associated timelines or multi phased schedules, including residential and multi dwelling projects, join trench, commercial construction, forced relocations, node splits, upgrades, etc. as well as Serviceability’s, small plant extensions, cable replacements, apartment rewires, plant repairs, power supply replacements/upgrades, etc.
• Cable plant design.
• Complete field serviceability and site survey requests including cost estimates and Purchase Orders and the submission of estimated work to the appropriate parties for reimbursement, if applicable.
• Prepares and completes various construction related paperwork including some permits. This may include: interstate crossing permits, railroad crossing permits, pole attachment permits, strand map information, system designs/as-builds, and purchase authorizations/MSR’s, in addition to various daily (DOCK), weekly and monthly construction data input/reports.
• Verify easements and assist in obtaining right-of-way agreements as applicable with system new build or rebuild projects.
• Monitor actual material and labor spending against Project Authorizations and ensure accuracy of and approval of contractor invoices.
• May partner with design center, various sales associates, building owners, developers, local and state municipalities regarding projects.
• Prepare and completes any necessary daily, weekly/monthly and field operation reports. • Works with technical operations regarding system acceptance guidelines and associated paperwork.
• Coordinate the construction activity with the contractor, ensuring all National Electric Code (NEC) construction specifications, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines are adhered to.
• Interacts with design center, various sales associates, building owners, developers, and local and state municipalities regarding projects.
• Represent Giggle Fiber at pre-construction and planning meetings with developers, city staff and local highway, railroad and land management personnel.
• Report all unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries in compliance with Giggle Fiber, Federal Communications Commission (FCC), NEC, and OSHA regulations or procedures. • Backup/support local supervision in a leadership role when needed.
• Frequent local traveling.
• Other duties or responsibilities as required or assigned.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in cable television (CATV) construction, service or plant maintenance, understanding of outside cable plant, basic mathematics, and city/county map reading.
• Must have strong computer skills (MS Excel, Outlook, Word).
• Working knowledge of aerial and underground practices/guidelines for engineering/construction.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, working efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
• Technically proficient in all aspects of fiber optic engineering, construction, and Splicing procedures. • Ability to organize and control inventories/material needs.
• Working knowledge of NEC, OSHA and FCC regulations and specifications, supervision and office procedures.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, clear driving record and be able to drive safely without posing a risk to self or others.
• 3-5 years relevant work experience
➢ Physical Demands: The physical demands for this position are typical to an office and field environment and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
➢ Education Required: • High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required. • Preferred 2-year Associate degree and/or training in electronics or related discipline. EOE Race/Sex/Vet/Disability We are an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “EEO Is the Law” poster:
We are committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different
Questions: Contact Mike Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org