Provided by the Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority on July 9…
The Gold Line Foothill Extension from Pasadena to Azusa project is on schedule to be completed in Fall 2015, when it will be turned over to Metro for testing and pre-revenue service. As you can see throughout Arcadia, construction is now fully underway. Here is an update on Arcadia-related construction:
- The bridge over Colorado Boulevard was substantially completed in May, and construction is now under
way on the new bridge over Santa Anita Avenue. Building the bridge requires the lowering of the street at the railroad crossing, followed by bridge construction. Traffic lanes will remain open during construction of the Santa Anita Avenue Bridge, which will take approximately seven months to complete. Businesses will remain accessible at all times. Access to La Porte Street is closed at Santa Anita Avenue during the first four months of work on Santa Anita Ave.
- Additionally, utility work on First Avenue at Santa Clara Street was completed in July and construction of the future Arcadia Gold Line Station is now underway. Grade crossing improvement work will commence later this summer and require a full closure of the intersection for several weeks.
Don’t be surprised by construction!
Have you signed up to receive construction notifications to your cell phone? If not, just text GOLDLINENEWS to 888777. You can also sign up to receive project updates and construction notices directly to your email account at www.foothillextension.org.
For more information:
• Visit www.foothillextension.org
• Call the Hotline at (626) 324-7098
• Visit our Public Information Office on Mondays and Wednesdays, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., at 400 N. Santa Anita Avenue, Suite 101B, Arcadia