Join us for two FREE legal webinars to help your small business. Gain knowledge from experts in the field and get the opportunity to sign up for free legal services through our community partner, Bet Tzedek.
SBA Disaster Loans: Deadline Approaching
Was your property or business damaged during the recent civil unrest in L.A. County? August 17, 2020 is the deadline to apply for an SBA federal disaster loan (linke opens in new tab) for property damage caused by the civil unrest that began on May 26.
Businesses of all sizes, most private nonprofit organizations, homeowners, and renters may apply for SBA federal disaster loans to repair or replace disaster-damaged property. SBA can also lend additional funds to help with the cost of improvements to protect, prevent, or minimize the same type of disaster damage from occurring in the future. Businesses of all sizes and private nonprofit organizations may borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory, and other business assets.
Have questions? Contact SBA:
Individuals who are deaf or hard‑of‑hearing may call (800) 877-8339.
Upcoming Small Business Webinars
Tuesday, July 28th
- GSA Schedules Webinar – 10 am to 12 pm – Review the fundamentals of GSA acquisition and learn what makes purchasing easier for government customers. RSVP here (link opens in new tab).
Thursday, July 30th
- Contract Connections – 10 am to 11:30 am – Learn how to register as a vendor to do business with L.A. County, get info about the County’s Preference programs and small business funding, and find out about upcoming opportunities to contract with the County. Please RSVP (link opens in new tab) by Friday, July 24. Questions? Email ISDContracts@isd.lacounty.gov
- How to Get Your Business “Loan Ready” – 6 pm to 7 pm – Our East Los Angeles Entrepreneur Center is here to help you access low-interest loans for your business. RSVP Today! (link opens in new tab)
Our Call Center Can Help Your Business
DCBA has partnered with the Department of Workforce, Development, Aging, and Community Services, and other County and State agencies to bring you the L.A. County Disaster Help Center. The center has resources for businesses as well as employees to help during the COVID-19 emergency.
Counselors are available Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. to help business owners navigate emergency loan applications and help individuals that were recently laid off due to this emergency. Multilingual help is available.
Contact the Disaster Help Center:
- Call (833) 238-4450
- Visit LACountyHelpCenter.org (link opens in new tab)
- Email DisasterHelpCenter@lacounty.gov (link opens in new tab)