Proving they are ready for any occasion, host Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia quickly changed gears when the lights went out. In the midst of attending to guests in the hotel the quality staff made new arrangements to circumvent the difficulties faced by the power outage and frequently checked in to ensure that everything was operating to their top standards. Matching the patience and fortitude shown in Naomi Briones director of Sales and Marketing at Embassy Suites was the crowd that arrived this morning to the Arcadia Chamber’s Networking Breakfast. After a brief explanation of what happened to the lights, our chamber members quickly went into action making themselves a plate of the scrumptious breakfast buffet provided by Embassy Suites and got to networking by candlelight.
Once the lights came back on and people were able to resettle in their environment every attendee was given an opportunity to give a short introduction of themselves, their business and any exciting updates or upcoming events.
- Rosa Jaime of the Four Seasons Tea Room announced that they will be reinstating their Autumn Enchanted Evening series which will feature live music and an informal buffet dining in the garden. It would be best to make your reservations now, due to the popularity of the series tickets may sell out, for more information on how to purchase your tickets to this memorable occasion please contact Rosa at (626) 355-0045.
- Mike Antenesse of Foothill Unity Center announced that with the end of summer fast approaching the team is currently gearing up for their big back to school supply drive. With the support of the community they are working to provide children from K – College with new backpacks, new clothing and school supplies. This year they expect to help 1,250 students at their distribution center in Santa Anita Park on August 8th. For more information on how you can help support and donate please contact Mike at (626) 358-3486.
- Tess & Roy Wiseman just recently opened up Aurora Cryo Spa, the first Cryo Therapy Center in the San Gabriel Valley. They are currently offering a free localized treatment to Arcadia Chamber members, as well every first Friday of the month the first five customers will receive a complementary facial which can boost collagen, improve wrinkles, tighten skin and reduce swelling. For more information on scheduling an appointment please call them at (626) 930-0772.
- Mike Vercillo of the Arcadia Police Department shed his typically quiet and reserved demeanor to do his best impersonation of a fellow chamber member. With an unparalleled bravado in his voice, he announced that the Arcadia Police Department will be partnering with Concerts in the Park to host National Night Out Against Crime on Sunday, August 6, starting at 6:30 PM. For more information please contact Mike at (626) 821-2648.
- Sue Cook of Podley Properties thanked to Rosa Jaime of the Four Seasons Tea Room for their exquisite service and making every occasion a special one. She announced that a more inviting, enchanting and loving atmosphere has yet to be found.
- Mike Antenesse of Foothill Unity Center thanked Sylvia Rosenberger of L.A. County Arboretum and Botanic Garden for hosting their upcoming Golden Plate Awards on Thursday, September 28th at the Arboretum.
- Michelle Freridge of the Asian Youth Center thanked Stella Wat of East West Bank for being the primary bank of the Asian Youth Center and providing comprehensive support when the Asian Youth Center recently switched to credit cards.
- Mike Vercillo of the Arcadia Police Department thanked Roy Wiseman of Aurora Cryo Spa for a great experience and much needed relief of his back pain, Mike made a special note to everyone that he would be back.
- Francine Chiu thanked Tess Wiseman of Aurora Cryo Spa for a great local treatment and full body treatment.
- Darlene Papa of Lifeline for Pets thanked Jose Luis Correa of Beacon Media News for arranging an advertisement sponsor.
- Renee Concialdi of Right at Home thanked Manny Cabrera of Cabrera’s Mexican Cuisine for a wonderful dinner at their restaurant.
- Michelle Freridge of Asian Youth Center donated a 200 dollar value front page ad which was won by Manny Cabrera of Cabrera’s Mexican Cuisine
- Loretta Vigil of Chefelle donated a batch of cocoa brownies with walnuts which was won by Michelle Freridge of the Asian Youth Center.
- Latascha Johnson of City of Hope donated a backpack with school supplies which was won by Pilar Oliva of Arbonnne International.
- Mike Vercillo of the Arcadia Police Department donated a high end ballpoint pen which was won by Jose Luis Correa of Beacon Media News.
- Rosa Jaime of the Four Seasons Tea Room donated a gift card for tea for 2 which was won by John Dimon
- Sue Cook of Podley Properties donated a wine bottle which was won by Mike Vercillo of the Arcadia Police Department
- Francine Chiu donated a wine bottle which was won by Carmen Richadson of Chef Carmen’s 3cs
- Darlene Papa of Lifeline for Pets donated a charming trinket which was won by Frances Harsono of Winfit
- Sylvia Rosenberger of LA County Arboretum and Botanic Garden donated a bottle of lovely Chardonay which was won by Frank Yik
- Annette Ousterhout of Jan’s Towing donated an insulated bag which was won by Gloria Huss of Monrovia Floral
- Naomi Briones of Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia donated three gift cards to the Peacock Grille which were Loretta Vigil of Chefelle, Anna Liu of Bamboo Rejuvination Therapy Center and Roy Wiseman of Aurora Cryo Spa
- Manny Cabrera of Cabrera’s Mexican Restaurant donated dinner for two which was won by Darlene Papa of Lifeline for Pets
- Carmen Richardson donated to plates to her upcoming dinner at Mt. Lowe Brewery on Sunday, July 30th, these were won by Francine Chiu
- Steve Floyd of RSVP San Gabriel donated a gift card to Ackbar’s which was won by Cissy Huang of CH Financial.