The biggest crowd ever for a non-awards Networking Breakfast packed Dave and Buster’s show room at Westfield Santa Anita mall Thursday, Aug. 20 to enjoy a preview and a flash sale for tickets to the Taste of Arcadia coming Sept. 28, and the presentation to Arcadia Radiology Medical Group as an Arcadia Business Icon.
<Story continues below the following photo gallery – to change image, click arrows at sides or click on thumbnails at bottom; click “FS” at bottom right to go full screen, and “SL” to have slides sequence automatically……>[flagallery gid=322]
Fifty-three Taste of Arcadia tickets were sold for the lowest price available of $45, and three of this year’s vendors at the Business Showcase at the Taste paid a heavily-discounted $249 to reserve their space for next year’s event in 2016. It was announced at the event that that offer will be good through Sept. 24, 2015 (next month) for company or organization that wants to book one of the 40 spaces at a greatly reduced price from $399 before they get sold out well in advance as they did again this year.
The monthly Networking Breakfasts of the Arcadia Chamber of Commerce are sponsored by Rose Hills Memorial Park & Mortuary.
The charming and sultry singer/guitarist Katie Ferrara, one of three new performers at Taste of Arcadia this year, performed as guests arrived and sang a lovely solo during the featured presentation (click to see portion of song in video below…)
Chamber President-Elect Vicki Knight of Century Rooter Service & Plumbing, who heads the Business Showcase at the Taste described all the exciting new companies and organizations participating this year, led by a record five auto dealers including returning BMW of Monrovia, Sierra Auto, Volkswagen Pasadena, and new entries Tesla Motors and Cadillac Concierge.
Kristy Thatcher Bradshaw has recruited 40 high-profile food and beverage vendors, including wine and beer booths on each of the three lawns surrounding the beautiful and iconic fountain at the Los Angeles County Arboretum. Navarro Vineyards represents the first winery to participate in Taste. And popular new custom-order PizzaRev will be making their debut, bringing in fresh pizzas every 30-minutes during the event that runs from 5:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Arcadia Chamber Deputy Director / Office Manager Bill Hacket noted that for the first time the event will feature live music performers on each lawn simultaneously all evening, including Ferrara, rockabilly band Memphis Mike and the Swinging 8 Balls, and steel drummer Chris Arpad.
Arcadia Chamber CEO Scott Hettrick and Arcadia Historical Society Vice President Carol Libby presented the Arcadia Business Icon plaque to Dr. Turner, Dr. Wong, and Dr. Tandoc of Arcadia Radiology Medical Group, 612 W. Duarte Rd., Suite 101. The company that offers x-rays, MRIs, CT Scans, mammography, ultrasounds and much more, has been in business nearly 50 years and joined the Arcadia Chamber in 1967.
As always, attendees of the Networking Breakfast (third Thursday of each month), hosted by Rod Salazar of Stubbies Promotions, not only enjoy a great breakfast buffet and valuable networking with dozens of others but also introduce themselves one at a time with a 15-second “elevator pitch.” In addition, they have a chance to win one of multiple gifts donated by members and attendees for a business card drawing (please bring a raffle prize to next Breakfast and introduce yourself and the gift), one of which is a free three-minute Business Spotlight – won for September by Pasadena Kitchens.
This month there were more than a dozen lucky winners of great gifts:
- Joanna Jimenez of Joanna’s Floral Expressions gave beautiful floral arrangement won by Merri Jill Finstrom of HutDogs.
- Roberta Armijo of Ameriprise Financial donated a t-shirt won by Megan Oppelt of TOGO’s.
- Kaitlyn Adams of Massage Envy donated a wonderful gift treatment card won by Megan Oppelt of TOGO’s.
- Rob Digioia of Elks Lodge Arcadia donated 2 dinners and 4 drinks won by Kimberly of Arcadia Radiology.
- Arolyn Burns of The A Treatment Center donated a pastry dish won by Roberta Armijo of Ameriprise Financial.
- Sue Cook from the Arcadia Performing Arts Foundation donated two tickets.
- Vicki Knight of Century Rooter & Plumbing donated a $20 Starbucks Gift Card won by Tami Romani of Romani Construction.
- Annette Ousterhout of Jan’s Towing donated a oil warmer won by J. Michael Rockwell.
- Patricia Colonello of Mountain News Views donated a free business card ad in the newspaper won by Mark Behan of Arcadia Radiology.
- Becky Happach donated two lunches and a tour won by Sara with YMCA.
- Javier with DoubleTree donated DoubleTree’s famous cookies won by Barbara of DeJa Vu Med Spa.
Tickets to the breakfast, which runs from 7:30 a.m. – 9 a.m., are $20 in advance ($25 at the door) and discounted to $15 for Chamber members who pay by the previous Friday ($20 at the door for Chamber members). No charge for those holding a Chamber All Access Pass. Tickets: 626-447-2159 or in the “Shop” area at www.ArcadiaCaChamber.org, or at Chamber office, 388 W. Huntington Drive, Arcadia, during regular business hours.