Monrovia Arcadia Duarte Town Council News
The Town Council has had monthly “Zoom” Meetings:
· August Speaker: Rob Hammond, Monrovia School Board President
· September: Ken Bell, Duarte School Board President
· October: Retired LASD Sgt. Burton Brink spoke of Proposition 20 and Importance of voting “Yes”. Candidates for both Monrovia and Duarte School Districts spoke for 3 minutes each.
· November: Introduction to Lt. Frank Ruiz, Interim Commander of Temple Sheriff’s Station; Captain Flores retiring at end of year.
· December: Report from LA County Public Works re: Traffic Signals at Metro Crossing at Duarte Road and Myrtle; also Duarte Rd. and California. Terrence Williams, TC Vice President gave a short history of situation. Since 2016, he has been in communication with Monrovia Council Member Larry Spicer, the City, and Public Works regarding issues.
The Town Council is very grateful to Sandra Maravilla from Supervisor Barger’s office, LASD Deputy Duke Sanders and CHP Officer Tony Chen for attendance at these meetings and excellent informative reports. Also Denise Dilley, Live Oak Library & Joanna Gee, Duarte Library.
Thanks to Supervisor Barger, Food Distribution at Annunciation Church. Terrence Williams, Deputies Sanders and Barr, and Officer Chen assisted.
President Dave Hall’s Church, All Nations did a food giveaway.
The Town Council has given Mike Vercillo a Certificate of Appreciation for his excellent monthly reports/crime tips at TC Mtgs, and great Cannabis Presentation