Rise and Shine Arcadia, featuring special guest hosts Karen Mac Nair (Arcadia Chamber CEO) and Andrew Cooper of the Arcadia Association of Realtors, is soon to be the next big networking event every third Thursday. With the coming of the new year and the fast approaching holidays, the Arcadia Chamber of Commerce flipped the script on attendees to the newly branded Rise & Shine Arcadia, formerly known as Networking Breakfast. Guests were seated at tables like a normal breakfast, but as the music played from DJ John Villa of Dance Syndicate, Karen and Andrew seated themselves permanently in two tall chairs at the front, announcing the beginning of today’s Rise and Shine Arcadia. The program also featured; regular commercial breaks from all those in attendance, updates on the city of Arcadia from Tim Schwehr (Economic Development Analyst, who proudly displayed the City of Arcadia’s 2017 Eddy Award), the announcement of new Chamber Event branding and a bevy of table prizes donated by Arcadia Chamber Members.
The Arcadia Chamber would like to thank everyone who donated a set of table prizes and helped make this morning’s breakfast a huge success. The following list of people brought table prizes to this morning’s breakfast; Manny Cabrera of Cabrera’s Mexican Cuisine brought Cabrera’s Mexican Cuisine Gift Cards, Danielle Johnson of DoubleTree Monrovia brought tins of their DoubleTree Cookies, Sylvia Ramos of Century 21 brought Play-doh, Rod Salazar of Stubbies Promotions brought gift bags, John Sun of Budget Blinds San Gabriel brought Shell Gas Gift cards, Vicki Knight of Century Rooter brought Outback Steakhouse gift cards, Naomi Briones of Embassy Suites brought a box of candy and $20 off at Peacock Grill, Gloria Huss of Monrovia Floral brought a set of fresh Christmas Wreaths, David Lamb of ACT Now First Aid and CPR brought gift cards to In-n-Out Burger, Sylvia Rosenberger of the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanical Garden brought seeds from native plants within the Arboretum, Pashmina shawls and a set of vases, Jennifer Stone of Imprintability brought a gift cards for a set of 500 business cards, Sue Cook of Podley Properties brought bottles of wine, Mitch Salem of EH Financial brought a package of assorted candies, Pete Siberell of Santa Anita Park brought a set of 4 tickets to the club house and parking passes, Stefanie Shook of Two Men and a Truck brought a mug and hot cocoa, Mike Vercillo of the Arcadia Police Department brought flashlights and Andrew Cooper of the Arcadia Association of Realtors brought a pair of movie tickets to Studio Movie Grill.
One of the newest Arcadia Chamber Members, Nathan Kirschenbaum represents Senior Helpers San Gabriel Valley. This organization provides compassionate in home care for seniors and specializes in Alzheimer and Dementia. Stefanie Shook of Two Men and a Truck and Sylvia Rosenbeger of Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanical Garden kept it light and wished everyone a Happy Holidays. Karen Kropp of the Book Rack thanked everyone who came out during the Downtown Holiday Market and continued to walk the rest of 1st Avenue. Melody Whitehead representing Photo Solutions is now offering photo preservation techniques and, due to the recent natural disasters, she stated that people should save their precious memories.
- Carmel Mims of Pet Porter Pals donated a gift set which was won by Dr. Jameson Wong of Optimal Chiropractic.
- Rod Salazar of Stubbies Promotions donated a Stubbies gift set which was won by John Sun of Budget Blinds.
- Vicki Knight of Century Rooter donated a bottle of wine which was won by Ruth Barron of Cabrera’s Mexican Cuisine
- Steve Floyd of California Security Screens donated 4 sets of Ackbar’s gift cards which were won by Ken Joe of Keller Williams, Diane Balsamo of PrimeLending, Carmel Mims of Pet Porter Pals and Nicki Felix of Primelending.
- Christine Lee of Arcadia Performing Arts Foundation donated two pairs of two tickets to their monthly shows which were won by Brooke Perez of Longo Toyota and Jim Herz of Prolific Business Solutions.
- Melissa Alcantar of Foothill Credit Union donated a mug and Starbucks gift card which was won by Gloria Huss of Monrovia Floral.
- Sylvia Rosenberger of the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanical Garden donated a bottle of wine which was won by David Lamb of ACT Now First Aid & CPR
- Tracy Wilke of G.H. Wilke and Co donated a set of lovely earrings which was won by Christine Lee of Arcadia Performing Arts Foundation
- Tony Ng of HSBC donated a group of HSBC items which was won by MJ Finstrom of HUTdogs.
- Sylvia of Rose Hills Memorial Park and Mortuary donated a gift bag which was won by Naomi Briones
- Martin Ramos of Nicomite donated a gift bag which was won by Stefanie Shook of Two Men and a Truck.
- Donna Lee of Lifewave donated edible treats and lottery tickets, won by Annie Rei of the Arcadia Education Foundation.
- Frances Harsono of Win Fit donated wine, won Dr. Seth Mittleman.
- Sylvia Rosenberger of the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanical Garden thanked John Villa of Dance Syndicate for doing a wonderful job deejaying at their event.
- Francine Chiu of Mass Mutual Financial Group thanked Manny Cabrera of Cabrera’s Mexican Cuisine for delivering and simpliyfing their catering needs.
- MJ Finstrom of HUTdogs thanked Naomi Briones of Embassy Suites for hosting 9 twelve year olds.