Santa Anita’s traditional winter meeting opens on Dec. 26 with a free wall calendar for all General Admission entrants. Many additional promotions are on the schedule for the meeting that runs through April 20.
And due to the closure of Hollywood Park, a separate, spring race meeting will get underway at The Great Race Place on April 25 and continue through June 29. This spring/early summer meeting will feature twilight post times on Fridays and will be comprised of both new and existing stakes races.
With the expanded schedule, Santa Anita Park has announced a comprehensive promotions schedule that will be complemented by an advertising campaign that includes social media, television and radio, and conventional print advertising.
This year’s opening day calendar is themed “Flying Silks,” in honor of owners’ colors worn by jockeys and carried by their respective mounts.
Here’s a quick look at Santa Anita’s early promotional offerings:
- Free Wall Calendar. Available with paid General Admission, on Opening Day, Dec. 26.
- End Zone Package. Available each weekend adjacent to Sirona’s Bar through Big Game Sunday, Feb. 2. $20 Package includes: All top NCAA and all NFL games on 18 HD Flatscreen monitors. A delicious buffet from 12 noon to 3 p.m., featuring pizza, pork sliders, salad and all-beef hot dogs. General Admission and a racing program. One complimentary cocktail AND, special beer prices that include $3 Buds (12 oz.) and $14 pitchers. YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE TO ENTER THE END ZONE.
- Farriers Package. This includes Club House admission (complete with box seating and racing program), a signature Craft Brew from Farriers (featuring the local Los Angeles Golden Road Brewing Co.), and an entrée from one of Santa Anita’s brand new Club House Mezzanine eateries. The Farriers Package also includes a commemorative pint glass—yours for the taking!! Weekday packages are $40, weekends, $50. To purchase a Farriers Package, please visit santaanita.com/events.
- New Year’s Day. It’s Dollar Day to ring in 2014!! Hot dogs, beers and sodas are all priced at just one dollar.
- Photography Day, Jan 10. Santa Anita Park provides some of the most spectacular still photo and video opportunities in the world of sports. A field of endeavor with expanding opportunities, sports photographers of all levels are welcome to participate and gain unprecedented access to Thoroughbred workouts and Paddock areas to capture morning and afternoon action. A question and answer session with track photographers, trainers, jockeys and management will follow a buffet style breakfast at Clockers’ Corner. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. and breakfast is served at 10 a.m. Advance tickets are $20 ($25 day of event) and kids under 18 can participate for $12. Tickets include General Admission, General Parking, breakfast and media credentials for the entire day. Please visit santaanita.com/events for details.
- Martin Luther King Day: Santa Anita is open for live racing as it honors the beloved Civil Rights leader on Monday, Jan. 20. One dollar beers, hot dogs and sodas will be offered throughout the day.
- Sunshine Millions Cal Cup Day, Jan. 25: In addition to a full complement of outstanding graded and statebred racing, Santa Anita will also host the Sunshine Millions/Cal Cup Wine Festival. A wide array of California wines will be available. General and VIP Packages will be offered to all attendees. For details and advance ticketing, please visit santaanit.com/events.