More than 35 board directors and Ambassadors of the Arcadia Chamber were thanked for their continued volunteer support by the Chamber staff at Thursday’s monthly board meeting that is expanded into an annual holiday breakfast buffet.
The breakfast, including hot cider befitting the season, was hosted in the festive Sunset Room of the Santa Anita Golf Course, also home of the monthly Networking Breakfasts sponsored by Rose Hills Memorial Park & Mortuaries.
Story contnues below the following photo gallery.[flagallery gid=163]
A big thank you goes out to President Arlynn Robinson of Century 21 Earll, Ltd for the beautiful handade centerpieces that were given to one person at each table!
Each attendee was also given a customized coffee mug emblazoned with the Chamber logo and filled with goodies, all coordinated by the Chamber’s new consulting team Printing Control. Several members also donated gifts to each attendee, including one of five different types of fruit cakes personally made by Arlynn Robinson; two tickets each to the horse races at Santa Anita Park from Past President Pete Siberell; coupons for smoothies from Bob Kenz of Robeks; and emergency kits in a tube donated by president-Elect Denise Weaver of Weaver & Associates, Inc.
- The nominating committee presented its proposed slate of nine new board directors to be installed at the Installation Dinner on March 27, along with a proposed slate of new Executive Committee officers. Board members may submit additional nominations for consideration by January 15 — each nomination must prove support of five additional members in good standing. The final list of nominees will be presented to all members on Feb. 1 for a final vote at the February board meeting.
- Arboretum CEO Richard Schulhof announced the scheduling of The Beach Boys at a concert on June 22 at the Arboretum.
- Westfield Santa Anita General Manager Ramon Oseguera reported that the mall was enjoying a very successful season as has plans for more activities and improvements in the coming days and weeks.
- The board recommended that Chamber CEO Scott Hettrick respond to an RFP to apply to have the Chamber manage the new Downtown Arcadia business district to meet the deadline of Jan. 10 while also inquiring about further requirements and financial and resource realities. Board liasion Dr. Joel Shawn suggested it would be wise for the Chamber to manage the District as long as it worked out financially and doesn’t put a strain on Chamber resources and personnel.
- Hettrick reported that Foothill Federal Credit Union has made a three-year commitment to paying the Chamber $6,000 per year to sponsor the newly-remodeled conference room ($3,500 per year) and a premium exposure on the new digital sign outside the Chamber office ($2,500 per year).
- Hettrick reported that remodeling is on track for completion by Jan. 6, and that a new board table and 30 chairs are expected to be delivered by the same date at a cost of $10,000.
- President Arlynn Robinson and board member Joan Francone reminded everyone about the Day at the Races event on Feb. 8 at Santa Anita Park for $50 per ticket, the second in a series of fundraisers to pay for furniture and other new and replacement furnishings as the Chamber continues its three phases of remodeling the entire interior of the building over three years. The City is covering the $120,000 at $40,000 per year cost of improvements to the building structure while the Chamber is responsible for furniture for the conference room, offices and lobby, as well as new projectors, digital screens, storage room equipment, break room appliances, etc.