Matt McSweeny on the first 15 years…
It seems like yesterday that Dennis Hartman and I walked into a beat up and tattered shell of a building located on Huntington Drive. When we first showed our parents, I think they were “very supportive” but a bit worried for both of us. Well, I am not going to say it has been the easiest 15 years of my life, but it has been many things; Challenging, Rewarding, Eye Opening, Fun, Challenging, Hair Raising, Crazy, Tear Jerking, Loads of Laughs, Spiritual, and Liver Damaging and Fun, Fun and More Fun!!!
Our official opening Date was Monday January 17th 1999. I remember having three soft openings and then telling all my family and friends, “Please don’t come in on Monday”!!! Well they all came in, the place was packed, the order printer in the kitchen was singing, the staff was like a deer in headlights, I was working the grill in the kitchen, we really sucked, I could not wait for closing time, I cried!!!
Well, not much has changed. Just kidding!!!!!!! We are blessed to have a great staff both on the floor and kitchen as well as a solid Managing crew. We have a great food menu, awesome beers, wonderful wines and great cocktails. We do awesome parties including St. Patrick’s Day and Oktoberfest, JC and Friends on Tuesdays, Summer Concerts, Weddings, Birthdays, Celebrations of Life, Corporate Caterings and so much more.
I can honestly say, it has been a wild, wild rollercoaster ride and I have had a blast meeting you all!!
I would like to thanks my family for all their support over the years.
I could not have done it without you!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are a few of the events we are planning for January:
- Matt Denny’s Anniversary Ale Release ~ Brewed by Congregation Ale House Brewery ~ First week of January
- Friday January 17th ~ The Official Opening Day ~ Happy Hour All Day and Night
- Sunday January 19th ~ The Big Bash
— The Alumni Band ~ Time to be announced soon
— Great Prizes and reduced prices on all Matt Denny’s Wear
— Special Commemorative 15th Anniversary Glassware and T-Shirts
— Happy Hour All Day
— Complimentary Appetizer Buffet from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday January 25th ~ Home Brew Day from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
— We will have 8 or 9 Home Brewers, Shirts, Food and Fun
— Tickets will be $45.00
College and Pro Football Schedule
- Watch all the Bowl Games and Pro Playoff Games at Matt Denny’s
- BCS Championship Game ~ Monday January 6th
- Happy Hour Specials during the Big Game
- Pro football Playoffs on Saturdays and Sundays ~ Schedule to be determined
- Christmas Eve ~ Kitchen closes at 3:00 p.m. and Bar Closes at 5:00 p.m.
- Christmas Day ~ We are closed to celebrate with the family
- New Year’s Eve ~ Kitchen closes at 3:00 p.m. and Bar Closes at 5:00 p.m.
- New Year’s Day ~ We are Closed to celebrate and nurse the hangover with the family