On Tuesday, August 25th, Methodist Hospital partnered with the American Heart Association to host a special edition MIX in Lewis Hall on the hospital grounds. With invitees from multiple chambers joining the fun, guests snacked on Methodist’s signature appetizers, including coconut shrimp and beef and pineapple skewers while getting in some great networking time.
Given a brief moment to speak Brian Greene, Director of Business Development and Marketing at Methodist Hospital Southern California, elaborated on his elation at having such a dedicated base of members attend. As well Brian spoke to the recent year of success that Methodist Hospital has been privileged to a part of, this includes the 5 star rating from Medicare, the recognition of being top 2% in the nation among hospitals, and lastly the naming of Dan Ausman as Hospital CEO of the year by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
A main focus of Methodist Hospital is allowing people to realize their best and most healthiest of lives, this was shown at the Mixer through their direct support of the American Heart Association. The American Heart Association has made it their goal to empower everyone to be healthy and free from the problems of heart related complications. Currently heart disease stands as the number 1 killer of all ethnicities in the world with stroke standing as number 5. The American Heart Association took a few minutes to discuss their up coming 2017 Los Angeles Heart Walk, encouraging guests to form a team or join Methodist’s team in supporting the cause and raising money for awareness. For more information on how to participate in the 2017 Los Angeles Heart Walk please call Kellian Reed at phone number 213-291-7025.
- Sonya Stone of United Agencies Inc. donated a basket of helpful items, this was won by Maile Z. Plan of Congresswoman Judy Chu’s office.
- Patricia Tracy of Aflac donated a bag of goodies, this was won by Gene Partida of Resi-shred.
- Annette Ousterhout of Jan’s Towing donated an insulated bag, this was won by David Medina of DA Davidson.
- Jennifer Stone of Imprintability donated a set of business cards, this was won by David Lamb of ActNOW CPR and First Aid.
- Manny Cabrera of Cabrera’s Mexican Cuisine donated two gift cards to Cabrera’s Mexican Cuisine restaurant, these were won by Annie Wei of San Gabriel Valley Economic Partnership and Carmen Richardson of ChefCarmens3c’s.