Update Sept. 20: Online ticket purchases for Taste of Arcadia must be made before 11 a.m. Monday, Sept. 22, 2014.
Pre-sale tickets for Taste of Arcadia 2014 can be purchased from now through June 30 at $40 for members of the Arcadia Chamber of Commerce, and $50 for non-members.
Taste of Arcadia 2014 and Business Showcase at the Taste will be held from 5:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Monday, Sept. 22 at the Los Angeles County Arboretum, 301 N. Baldwin Ave., Arcadia. Beginning July 1, prices will be $70 (Chamber members get a $20 discount – $50 for Chamber members as of July 1) until Friday, Sept. 19. Tickets at the gate will be $75 ($60 for Chamber members). Note: Chamber office and phones are closed Monday, Sept. 22, when tickets can only be purchased at the gate of the entrance to the L.A. County Arboretum, 301 N. Baldwin Ave.
Taste of Arcadia and Business Showcase at the Taste is expected to draw about 1,500 attendees this year who enjoy the many different foods and tastes from at no additional charge beyond the admission ticket from more than 40 of the most exciting local restaurants, caterers and wine-and-beer vendors.
The face of Taste of Arcadia is KLAA 830 AM radio star Peter “King of Cuisine” Dills, who will walk the red carpet, sign autographs in his booth, and be one of the judges of the annual Culinary Contest along with Food Network stars Jyll Everman and Cassandra Pugh, as well as Chef David Flood of Flooded with Flavor Catering Company.This year’s Taste of Arcadia and Business Showcase at the Taste features an additional 40-plus business exhibitors, including car dealers with about a dozen of the newest model cars, plus many new activities:
- A sequel to the popular Hollywood premiere-style Red Carpet Experience created by Printing Control will make you feel like a star in front of the paparazzi as you have photo ops with KABC radio star Peter Dills, the exotic Brazilian dancers, and other dignitaries and surprise guests.
- The T.G. Metzger State Farm Insurance Monday Night Football Lounge returns with live viewing of the game on a big-scren HDTV that will be raffled off just before 9 p.m.
Other attractions include:
- A classic car show presented by Wayne Williams of Professional Advisory Services.
- The popular Lounge-O-Rama band playing swing, Big Band and Standards early in the evening, and shifting to classic pop rock after dark.
- Daniela Brazil and her popular exotic Brazilian dancers
- MonArc Face/Body Painting and Balloon Animals — let the popular Taste of Arcadia wine glass/peacock logo live a little longer with a temporary tattoo on your cheek or arm!
- The Arcadia High School drum line serenading attendees as they arrive.
<Story continues below the following fliers…>
As judges, Dills, Everman, Pugh, and Flood will sample food, desserts and drinks from dozens of vendors throughout the entire evening. Winners will need to be present and still serving to guests when judges announce their selections near the end of the event at 9 p.m. in the following categories:
- Best of Show
- Most Innovative Dish
- Best Savory Item
- Best Dessert Item
- Best Presentation
None of it would be possible without the following unprecedented number of sponsors:
- Presenting Gold Sponsor: Westfield Santa Anita (also year-round Community Builder Presenting Sponsor Member and Digital LED sign premium sponsor)
- Business Showcase at the Taste Sponsor – Rose Hills Memorial Park & Mortuary (also year-round Keystone 365 Connection Sponsor Member of the monthly Networking Breakfasts and first premium sponsor of Chamber’s new Digital Display sign board)
- Silver-Plus Sponsor and Gift Bag Sponsor: Vons
- Silver Sponsor, Classic Car Show: Professional Advisory Services, Wayne Williams
- Silver Sponsor: Methodist Hospital
- Silver Sponsor: Breeders’ Cup
- Silver Sponsor: Merrill Lynch Arcadia
- Silver Lining Partner: Foothill Credit Union
- Bronze-Plus Sponsor: Century Rooter Service & Plumbing
- Bronze Sponsor: Wells Fargo, Baldwin Avenue
- Bronze Sponsor: City of Arcadia’s Shop Arcadia and Arcadia Transit
- Red Carpet Sponsor: Printing Control-Jerry Dominguez
- Monday Night Football Lounger Sponsor: State Farm, T.G. Metzger
- Ticket Sponsor: Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority
- Live Music Sponsor: Southern California Edison
- Tram Sponsors: Arcadia Association of Realtors; City of Arcadia’s Shop Arcadia and Arcadia Transit
- Media Partners: Beacon Media’s Arcadia Weekly
- Parking Light and Support Services: Jan’s Towing
- Trash recycling courtesy of Waste Management
- Flood Lighting courtesy of Jan’s Towing
- VIP reserved tables centerpieces courtesy of Majestic Design Florist
And the tireless Taste of Arcadia Committee of Volunteers, including:
- Bruce McCallum, CTO (Chief Taste Officer)
- Sylvia Ramos (Dilbeck Real Estate) Food/Beverage vendors and Culinary Contest
- Vicki Knight (Century Rooter Service and Plumbing), Business Showcase exhibitors support
- T.G. Metzger (State Farm Insurance), Ticket sales, Promotion/Publicity/Marketing/Advertising, Monday Night Football Lounge
- Wayne Tay (Town & Country Event Rentals), Overall Facilities, Logistics, Layout
- Pete Siberell (Santa Anita Park), Administration & overflow parking
- Bruce Snell, Security, Parking Control
- Aaron Rose (Avid Learning Resources), Volunteers
- Gil Stromsoe (Mark Shaefer Associates), Budgetary controls
- Wayne Tay (Town & Country Event Rentals), Logistics, Rentals, Electricity, Sound
- and Chamber staff Taste of Arcadia support staff coordinator Kim Arnold and Cherry Liu as well as Chamber contractor Kristy Thatcher Bradshaw under CEO Scott Hettrick