Networking was the key topic to this morning’s Breakfast hosted by the Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia and sponsored by Rose Hills Memorial Park. Always switching things up, Embassy Suites provided attendees to create their own Virgin Bloody Mary with sides of pickles, olives, white cocktail onions and the big hit extra crispy bacon. The morning’s agenda featured a statement from Networking Breakfast Sponsor Rose Hills Memorial Park, a 3 minute presentation by Mitch Salem of EH Financial, introductions by chamber members, Table Talk Time and a short presentation by Arcadia Chamber CEO Karen Mac Nair on the State of the Chamber.
Self Introductions/Chamber Member Announcements
With the coming of a new summer season comes the anticipation of a slew of chamber member summer events. Darlene Papa announced that Lifeline for Pets Pasadena recently took in two adorable kittens named Copper and Peaches who could use loving homes. The Bookrack will he having a childrens’ books sale to promote summer reading, the sale will run from June to September. David Lamb is hosting a ribbon cutting with and at the Arcadia Chamber on June 5th from 3 to 5, after the ribbon cutting David will be leading a course on CPR for those who sign up and attend. The Great Great Grandaughter of Arcadia founder Lucky Baldwin, Margaux L. Viera, announced that the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden will be hosting a Lucky Baldwin Poker tournament on Saturday, June 10 at 5:00 PM. Making Friday nights fun again, Jason King of Choicess is bringing back Movies in the Park. They will be kicking off the festivities on June 30, with the movie Sing. Currently the events are looking for new sponsors, if you would like to help add to the festivities by becoming a sponsor please contact Jason at (626) 359-3300.
With little time for openers Bruce Lazenby of Rose Hills Memorial Park got right to the point announcing that the facility will be holding their 97th Memorial Day Observance Monday, May 29, 2017 at 11:00 AM in the SkyRose Chapel Courtyard. The Observance is a free to attend and will feature a Flyover of Vintage Planes, Military Vehicle Displays and Remembrance Trees. Honoring the tremendous service of America’s armed forces the event will also feature a speech from Retired LTC Marc Breslow of the US Army. For more information on taking a part in Rose Hills’ Memorial Day Observance please contact them at (323) 887-4837.
3 Minute Speaker – EH Financial
“Your retirement money can go quite far – (The) key is making good financial decisions.” This statement was delivered in a slight serious and matter of fact tone which has become so common of an earnest Mitch Salem of EH Financial. Retirement plays a critical role in everyone’s life, most people strive to arrive to the day where they are honored with a gold watch and can bask in the pursuits they have a true passion for. The team at EH Financial led by independent owner Emmy Hernandez, J.D., creates the financial planning which makes retirement a possibility. Honoring a principle to excellence and sound financial advice Emmy strives to stay ahead of the game in the financial world, she does this by attending seminars and rigorously going over new changes in the law. These efforts have resulted in the acquisition and management of over 1,100 active accounts covering 70 million dollars in assets which are under management. For more information on developing a clear financial strategy with EH Financial please call them at (626) 943-8833.
State of the Chamber
“To play a critical and integral role in maintaining a healthy business environment, contributing to the economic growth of the city, and enhancing the city’s image.” This is the mission statement of the Arcadia Chamber, it’s the point which plays a vital role in all of Arcadia Chamber CEO, Karen Mac Nair’s decisions. Through the implementation of this core principle the Arcadia Chamber has grown over the past year in attendance, membership and activity. Karen states that the next big project for the Arcadia Chamber is Taste of Arcadia. Partnering with countless sponsors and in association with the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden Taste of Arcadia remains the largest event which the Chamber. The scale of the festivities requires great support from a team of active volunteers which Karen mentioned to the attendees at this morning’s breakfast. For more information on how you can join the volunteer team of Taste of Arcadia please contact the Chamber at (626) 447-2159, to get updates.
- Sue Cook of Podley Properties thanked Christina Lee of Arcadia Performing Arts Center for offering such a great service to the Arcadia community.
- Maki Hsieh of Arcadia Performing Arts Center thanked Sue Cook of Podley Properties for steering the ship at the Arcadia Performing Arts Center for the last five years.
- Renee Concialdi of Right at Home thanked John Sun of Budget Blinds for installing a great set of blinds, which has significantly cooled down their house in time for summer.
- Gabby Flores of the DoubleTree by Hilton Monrovia thanked David Lamb of ACTNOW First Aid and CPR for leading an amazing CPR class to her HR department.
- Margaux Viera of the LA County Arboretum and Botanic Garden thanked the Arcadia Historical Society for taking on the responsibility of promoting the Lucky Baldwin Poker Tournament.
- Wendy Maeda of Keller Williams Realty thanked Mitch Salem of EH Financial for setting up her parents with a great financial plan.
- Wendy Maeda of Keller Williams Realty thanked Stefanie Shook of Two Men and a Truck for helping her move across the country.
- Vicki Knight of Century Rooter thanked John Sun of Budget Blinds San Gabriel for installing blinds in her son’s house.
- Seth Mittleman of Chiropractic Health Center thanked Vicki Knight of Century Rooter for offering a great and trustworthy rooter/plumbing service.
- Ken Joe of Keller Williams Realty thanked Sophia Chan of Monrovia Gardens Healthcare Center for offering amazing care and keeping to their reputation of five star care.
- Donna Lee of Lifewave Arcadia thanked Kristy Bradshaw of the Arcadia Chamber of Commerce for giving her a referral during the last Mix at Mt. Lowe Brewery.
- Rod Salazar of Stubbies Promotions thanked Manny Cabrera of Cabrera’s Mexican Cuisine for helping cater for his mother’s 85th birthday.
- Naomi Briones of Embassy Suites Arcadia donated a 25 dollar gift card to the Peacock Grille which was won by Rod Salazar of Stubbies Promotions.
- Ulises Gutierrez of 1st Avenue Salon donated a bottle of wine and 75 dollar gife certificate to the 1st Avenue Salon which was won by Jason King of Choicess.
- April Ordiway of Arbonne donated samples of Arbonne which were won by Stella Wat of East West Bank.
- Mike Vercillo of the Arcadia Police Department donated a coffee mug which was won by Darlene Papa of Lifeline for Pets
- Maki Hsieh of the Arcadia Performing Arts Center donated two sets of two tickets to their upcoming show on May 20, featuring Steve Tyrell these were won by Ken Joe of Keller Williams Realty and Pilar Oliva
- Darlene Papa of Lifeline for Pets donated Piggy Wine which was won by Jose Luis Correa of Beacon Media News
- Linda Colley of the City of El Monte Civitan Club donated two tickets tow their upcoming Day at the Races event on June 3, which was won by Rosa Jaime
- Manny Cabrera of Cabrera’s Mexican Cuisine donated two free dinners which were won by David Lamb of ACTNOW First Aid and CPR
- Gabby Flores of the DoubleTree by Hilton Monrovia donated The Cookie Bags which were won by John Sun of Budget Blinds of San Gabriel, Jennifer Vargo of the Arcadia Educational Foundation and Manny Cabrera of Cabrera’s Mexican Cuisine
- Sue Cook of Podley Properties donated a bottle of Pinot Noir which was won by Linda Colley
- David Lamb of ACTNOW First Aid and CPR donated a gift bag of healthy foods which was won by Emily Li of Blend it Healthy
- Annette Ousterhout of Jan’s Towing donated a bag of goodies and 4 tickets to Irwindale speedway which was won by Cissy Huang
- Sophia Chan of Monrovia Gardens Healthcare Center donated a couple of mugs which was won by Naomi Briones of Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia
- Brooke Perez of Longo Toyota donated a car orgnaizer and windshield blinds which were won by Annette Ousterhout of Jan’s Towing
- Vicki Knight of Century Rooter donated a 25 dollar Starbucks gift card which was won by Christina Lee of Arcadia Performing Arts Center.